Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arrived in Coz yesterday afternoon on AA from Tampa via DFW. Masks required on the planes & they gave everyone a bag with small bottled water, pretzels, & a single use hand sanitizer as we boarded. TPA/DFW flight had only a few empty seats in the back. DFW/CZM flight was probably 80-85% full with all ages (preschool to seniors). Took the Collectivo van from airport to Sunscape Sabor & their were 7 passengers in the van, all with masks. The majority of people I saw while in route were wearing masks. Had to complete the additional form that has been mentioned at resort check in. Resort is doing a great job with sanitation & all staff wearing masks. Tourists seem to be doing pretty good at social distancing. I probably wear my mask more than most.
Did 2 dives this morning. Boat crew & divers wore masks until ready to dive. Had plenty of space on the boat. A few pics from today. Hope you enjoy. Everyone here is really happy to have tourists coming.

Attachments

• DACFAFE4-A2DB-409D-B441-E181B5538BA4.jpeg
    DACFAFE4-A2DB-409D-B441-E181B5538BA4.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 49D015DA-43FF-4DC5-AF63-F3667846B787.jpeg
    49D015DA-43FF-4DC5-AF63-F3667846B787.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 94075904-88F3-46CE-A7B0-6DD512B0CC22.jpeg
    94075904-88F3-46CE-A7B0-6DD512B0CC22.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 58
Arrived in Coz yesterday afternoon on AA from Tampa via DFW. Masks required on the planes & they gave everyone a bag with small bottled water, pretzels, & a single use hand sanitizer as we boarded. TPA/DFW flight had only a few empty seats in the back. DFW/CZM flight was probably 80-85% full with all ages (preschool to seniors). Took the Collectivo van from airport to Sunscape Sabor & their were 7 passengers in the van, all with masks. The majority of people I saw while in route were wearing masks. Had to complete the additional form that has been mentioned at resort check in. Resort is doing a great job with sanitation & all staff wearing masks. Tourists seem to be doing pretty good at social distancing. I probably wear my mask more than most.
Did 2 dives this morning. Boat crew & divers wore masks until ready to dive. Had plenty of space on the boat. A few pics from today. Hope you enjoy. Everyone here is really happy to have tourists coming.

What's your impression of the occupancy level of Sunscape Sabor? Maybe the easiest way is to estimate the crowd at dinner service.

What's your impression of the occupancy level of Sunscape Sabor? Maybe the easiest way is to estimate the crowd at dinner service.

Resort is operating at 30% max right now & I’d estimate that they are at 25-30%. Only 1 bar open (Tortuga near main pool) & it is somewhat limited (no bananas for drinks). Only 1 restaurant open for dinner (order from menu) & so far that has been El Patio (Mexican) but I think they may alternate their menu with Seaside. So far I’ve been having a large, late lunch & skipping dinner to turn in early LOL so can’t really comment on dinner crowds. Portofino is supposed to be open for dinner tonight. Portofino breakfast is buffet but a server plates it for you & very limited items. Staff & resort doing a really good job on sanitation measures & safety. On another note, they are upgrading all of the tropical view hotel rooms in the back section so a good bit of construction going on but not too noisy. Looks like ocean front & view rooms & the suite sections are open.
Both pools are open.

Now for the really important question: Can you buy beer on the island?

Hard to keep track of sarcasm in long threads , but assuming this was genuine question : yes, you can buy beer/whatever. Think Yucatan state just went dry , but Quintana Roo still selling booze as normal (unless something has changed in past 48 hours ).

Now for the really important question: Can you buy beer on the island?

I almost took pictures too lol - lots of beer as of minutes ago at chedraui and sams

Hard to keep track of sarcasm in long threads , but assuming this was genuine question : yes, you can buy beer/whatever. Think Yucatan state just went dry , but Quintana Roo still selling booze as normal (unless something has changed in past 48 hours ).
Genuine question, yes, but not something I have to deal with at the moment. I wish it were otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom