Nude diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...1000 dives?

I've seen plenty of 100th naked dives. Not my thing, though. For their 1000 dive one of my buddies dove with nothing but a tank (no regs), fins, mask and weight belt. He made a 40 minute dive breathing off the tank. He did have a safety diver along, just in case.

:):wink:
Way back in the day...

Buddy and I did a late-night dive at Little River. About 0200 we were doing our decompression stop at 10', lights off. Holy Crap!! Big splashes right on top of us. We turned the lights on and exposed a young man and lady who were swimming au naturel, not the cave gremlins we expected to be attacking us.

I’m sure they were just as startled when lights and masses of bubble appeared from the deep lol!

Only semi-nude, and not us:
We did a dive (warm water-great vis) where the entry was from a pier, but the exit point was on a beach. We needed to swim under the float ropes that marked the limit to the swim area, then continue to the beach exit.The depth at those ropes was about 15 feet. We were hugging the bottom as we approached (from below) the ropes, looked up to see a young couple who were bottomless, and um, "getting up close and personal" with each other. oops!

I've been away for a spell, things have gotten interesting around here.

I hit the season wrong for #100 but celebrated #500.

I did what is probably the lamest and least in-keeping-with-the-spirit naked hundredth dive ever.

Deserted stretch of shoreline on a chilly, windy day with no one around. Wife kept lookout fifty yards to the south. Sister did same fifty yards to the north.

I worked my way out to fifteen feet and settled on the bottom for fifteen minutes. Just sat there looking at my watch and my compass because there was no visibility, nowhere to go, and nothing to look at.

Got out. Got dressed. Nobody saw a thing.

My sister says it shouldn’t even count and she’s going to make me do it right for number two hundred, which is coming up soon.

a chilly, windy day [...] Nobody saw a thing.
Don't worry. That's quite normal. In fact, it may be a good thing if there's a Bobbit worm close by.

Club Orient in St. Martin used to have nude scuba. I think they used an outside dive shop.

Wish I knew of this ritual when I hit 100 as I was much thinner... Now it'd just look like a bear splashing down.

I consider myself somewhat of a conservationist, I have too much respect for the underwater creatures to expose them to that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom