Hi from Pittsburgh!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_john

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm John and I'm in Pittsburgh (the diving capital of central Allegheny county). I'm new to diving but I know I've been bit and I'm eagerly trying to get back in the water. Even our cold murky stuff.

I'm interested in UW photography (who isn't) and I want to do wreck penetration. Ideally I want to mix the two. photos and videos of the inside of wrecks would be awesome.

Also have you been to Crusty’s yet?

Crustys Quarry - Facility Information
I haven't been able to dive anywhere here in Pittsburgh yet. The virus has had things closed and since I'm in the north hills I've been waiting on All Things Aquatic to start doing things again. Though I'm starting to scope out the other shops in the area but they are a much further drive.

Though I do like what I see there and I may very well start going there on my own. I still need to find a buddy though. I've never had to find a single on my own so I don't know what the process is. I know I'm not ready to do solo dives yet.

I'm John and I'm in Pittsburgh (the diving capital of central Allegheny county). I'm new to diving but I know I've been bit and I'm eagerly trying to get back in the water. Even our cold murky stuff.

I'm interested in UW photography (who isn't) and I want to do wreck penetration. Ideally I want to mix the two. photos and videos of the inside of wrecks would be awesome.
Welcome @_john to ScubaBoard. Thank you for joining.

Welcome from Nova Scotia. Pittsburgh? Lets Go Mets!

I haven't been able to dive anywhere here in Pittsburgh yet. The virus has had things closed and since I'm in the north hills I've been waiting on All Things Aquatic to start doing things again. Though I'm starting to scope out the other shops in the area but they are a much further drive.

Though I do like what I see there and I may very well start going there on my own. I still need to find a buddy though. I've never had to find a single on my own so I don't know what the process is. I know I'm not ready to do solo dives yet.

Hi
If you contact Crusty’s they can help with a buddy, or they have divemasters you can hire to show you around.

Also if you post here you might be able to find a buddy https://m.facebook.com/groups/444212722900488

Hi. I grew up in East McKeesport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom