Pointless customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Why does Suunto even pretend? I actually liked their computer till it went out mid dive. A bit frustrated I sent in my defective computer, one of those with the defect that they tried to run away from until they were sued into doing the correct thing. I was happy that they immediately replaced it and sent a new one the same day. Only problem is the new one, of course comes with no instructions, no box, no nothing except a scratch across the lens. Right out of the box...Little more frustrated
I reported it, guy took all the info and I even sent a picture and he says "thanks for letting us know." Really!?! I asked if I was going to get an email or what and I was told, "oh sure." Didn't sound confident. Days go by and I hear nothing so I follow up only to discover they have a copy of the conversation but that's it. Now I am very frustrated. Nothing was done. No report was filled. No action taken. The second guy says he will elevate the issue and I'll hear back. I have never heard back! Now I'm done.
I have a spare bedroom filled with dive gear and even more gear scattered around the house. Suunto, I will never buy another product from you. Suunto, crap computer, worse customer service.

What model did you send them and what model did they send you back?

There's a reason that that other "S" brand from Canada is so popular around here.

Why does Suunto even pretend? I actually liked their computer till it went out mid dive. A bit frustrated I sent in my defective computer, one of those with the defect that they tried to run away from until they were sued into doing the correct thing. I was happy that they immediately replaced it and sent a new one the same day. Only problem is the new one, of course comes with no instructions, no box, no nothing except a scratch across the lens. Right out of the box...Little more frustrated
I reported it, guy took all the info and I even sent a picture and he says "thanks for letting us know." Really!?! I asked if I was going to get an email or what and I was told, "oh sure." Didn't sound confident. Days go by and I hear nothing so I follow up only to discover they have a copy of the conversation but that's it. Now I am very frustrated. Nothing was done. No report was filled. No action taken. The second guy says he will elevate the issue and I'll hear back. I have never heard back! Now I'm done.
I have a spare bedroom filled with dive gear and even more gear scattered around the house. Suunto, I will never buy another product from you. Suunto, crap computer, worse customer service.

Does Suunto have a Twitter account?

They have a FB account. It's all ads and glitz. They pretend to do customer service but it's pretty much useless there too. They used to have a presence on SB but they abandoned that several years ago.

What model did you send them and what model did they send you back?

It was a Vyper 2 and they replaced it with a Novo. My biggest frustration isn't that it was scratched, it's their pretend CS in dealing with it. I thought maybe they monitored this site but I guess not. Yes, I do plan on selling it and getting the "S" brand. I was on the fence, not because I question the quality difference but because I didn't want to deal with selling it.

I've had Suunto products, since I purchased a Solution, when they were distributed through Seaquest, back in the early 1990s; had two -- both of which are fully functional to this day, as well as the first two Cobras.

No problem.

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with their notorious customer service, which, frankly, has never really been a strong suit with any of the scuba manufacturers, in my experience -- particularly the foreign manufacturers, whose US presence always seems to to be nothing more than a tiny office suite in Glendale or City of Industry, equidistant between a bodega, blasting ranchero music, and an adult bookstore . . .

I've had Suunto products, since I purchased a Solution, when they were distributed through Seaquest, back in the early 1990s; had two -- both of which are fully functional to this day, as well as the first two Cobras. No problems.

Thankfully, I've never had to deal with their notorious customer service, which, frankly, has never really been a strong suit with any of the scuba manufacturers, in my experience -- particularly the foreign manufacturers, whose US presence always seems to to be nothing more than a tiny office suite in Glendale or City of Industry, equidistant between a bodega, blasting ranchera music, and an adult bookstore . . .
Deep6 and Shearwater have reputations for excellent customer service. There are a few companies who give a hoot out there.

Deep6 and Shearwater have reputations for excellent customer service. There are a few companies who give a hoot out there.

Never contacted either; but the lion's share of companies that I have dealt with in the past, were wastes of skin . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom