Should we put fork in DSS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ojai Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any word yea or nay regarding Tobin or the future of DSS? Last I heard he had escaped the evil of California for free living Nevada. Then nothing. I've seen no posts from him since 2018. Anybody know anything more dispositive?

Maybe he is just too busy or more probably he just does not give a sh** about his loyal supporters on ScuberBoard.

Tobin ain’t responding to our friendly nudges

He’s clinging like a kraken to alla his grudges

He’ll stay for years unseen

In his Quibble-Quarantine

Before this ballin’ BCD builder budges

Weeeeelllll, I checked Tobin’s Facebook, and he is STILL working on his property development tackling issues with landfill soil quality. The guy is 60+ so he could well decide to plant a vineyard to hang out on and never return to world of diving. (Sniff)

I’m still hopeful of his return.

While I recognize that he can be, ahem, direct at times, he makes killer kit.

When I was buying my setup he took the time to understand how I dive, where I dive, what my needs were, and then he actually talked me out of spending more money than I needed to on stuff of his he felt I would not need.

And.. he was spot on in his recommendations.

I miss him and his gear. A friend of mine is starting diving and I’d love to have her get outfitted by him.

I’m still hopeful of his return.

He's well into his 60s and moved far away from the ocean for other pursuits 3 years ago.

It's safe to say Tobin has retired from scuba gear and DSS is closed for good.

He's well into his 60s and moved far away from the ocean for other pursuits 3 years ago.

It's safe to say Tobin has retired from scuba gear and DSS is closed for good.

I’ve assumed the same. If he ‘needed’ DSS it would be back up and running by now. He clearly has either retired completely or is pursuing other interests/opportunities.

That may be why his URL has turned into something my browser security is pitching a fit about.

Too bad, years ago we had great service from him and I was just about to recommend him to somebody.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom