Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are disregarding fact that the media and the scientists now agree that this virus is airborne. The CDC, the WHO, and Fauci himself all lied to us. Remember when "Masks do nothing" was reported and we were were told not to wear masks? We can deal with any virus that may settle on this or that with simple hand washing and washing the items we may purchase. This virus spreads rapidly in the air in closed environments.

Do what ya will Joe but I won't getting on a plane with ya.
Agreed that closed would be an issue. A plane is not closed. It is tight. But very few people compared to a busy grocery store.

Any idea on how often the air is turned over in a grocery store? How many potential virus spreaders pass through the store in that time period?

It would be interesting to see some math that compares a 30 minute grocery shopping trip with a 5 hour plane flight.

You are disregarding fact that the media and the scientists now agree that this virus is airborne. The CDC, the WHO, and Fauci himself all lied to us. Remember when "Masks do nothing" was reported and we were were told not to wear masks?

That is incorrect on three counts. One is that they didn't lie to us; they told us the best information that they had at the time, which of necessity was at best educated guesses based on what helps with other viral epidemics. Two is that they never said that "masks do nothing", but rather that wearing one to prevent getting the virus is less effective than is wearing one to prevent spreading it, which is still true. Three is that the primary reason they discouraged wearing masks in the early days of the pandemic was to try to prevent the same thing from happening with masks that happened with toilet paper (what WAS the deal with TP, anyway?), which would have made them virtually impossible to get by health care workers and first responders, who, by the way, wear them more to protect us from them than to protect themselves from us.

And we all know that curbside delivered food has not been contaminated. The order picker in your grocery store wore a mask and never sneezed on your broccoli!
Everything that comes into this house gets sprayed down with alcohol and/or thoroughly washed. No preventative measures can be 100.000...% effective, but my confidence is high. And yes, the shopping service we use has a strict mask policy from the time they enter the store until the delivery is completed. Believe it or not there are a whole lot of people who do everything they can to not be a vector for disease transmission. I wish there were a whole lot more of them.

@ggun Is 100.000% better than 100.00%? :cheers:

Everything that comes into this house gets sprayed down with alcohol and/or thoroughly washed. No preventative measures can be 100.000...% effective, but my confidence is high. And yes, the shopping service we use has a strict mask policy from the time they enter the store until the delivery is completed. Believe it or not there are a whole lot of people who do everything they can to not be a vector for disease transmission. I wish there were a whole lot more of them.
Masks are one thing, but gloves too would be preferable as well under the above delivery...

That is incorrect on three counts. One is that they didn't lie to us; they told us the best information that they had at the time, which of necessity was at best educated guesses based on what helps with other viral epidemics. Two is that they never said that "masks do nothing", but rather that wearing one to prevent getting the virus is less effective than is wearing one to prevent spreading it, which is still true. Three is that the primary reason they discouraged wearing masks in the early days of the pandemic was to try to prevent the same thing from happening with masks that happened with toilet paper (what WAS the deal with TP, anyway?), which would have made them virtually impossible to get by health care workers and first responders, who, by the way, wear them more to protect us from them than to protect themselves from us.

Your rebuttal is false on all three counts and I'll be glad towhip out references and links if we want to go at it.

1. At the time they said masks were ineffective, they had known for decades that masks were effective which is why healthcare workers wear masks and they are commonly worn in many Asian countries.
2. No, these experts said "ineffective", not less effective. I can provide quotes. It's irrelevant why masks prevent spread - if whether they prevent the sick person from spreading it or the healthy person from catching it - bottom line is they prevent spread and would have resulted in far fewer cases. They have known since early February - a month before it became a problem here - that mean pre-symptomatic period was over 5 days and that victim was contagious during this period. Without the ability to know who is contagious, the correct response is to assume everyone is contagious.
3. A lie told with the best intentions is still a lie. It destroys credibility and when they later decide to come clean and tell the truth, people wonder if they are telling another lie for yet other good intentions. Is 6' proper distancing? Or will we find out in a few months they knew all along it was 12' but lied to us for good reasons?

Surgeon General Jerome Adams tweeted Feb 29 "Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS! They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus". Then a few days later on Face The Nation said "“Masks do not work for the general public,” he told host Margaret Brennan. Adams suggested instead that Americans “stay safe by washing your hands.

Reefhound. Take your rebuttal of the rebuttal to the Pub please.

Todays rumor is 4 new cases and one of them is Pedro. The municipal president, that is.

Your rebuttal is false on all three counts and I'll be glad towhip out references and links if we want to go at it.

1. At the time they said masks were ineffective, they had known for decades that masks were effective which is why healthcare workers wear masks and they are commonly worn in many Asian countries.
2. No, these experts said "ineffective", not less effective. I can provide quotes. It's irrelevant why masks prevent spread - if whether they prevent the sick person from spreading it or the healthy person from catching it - bottom line is they prevent spread and would have resulted in far fewer cases. They have known since early February - a month before it became a problem here - that mean pre-symptomatic period was over 5 days and that victim was contagious during this period. Without the ability to know who is contagious, the correct response is to assume everyone is contagious.
3. A lie told with the best intentions is still a lie. It destroys credibility and when they later decide to come clean and tell the truth, people wonder if they are telling another lie for yet other good intentions. Is 6' proper distancing? Or will we find out in a few months they knew all along it was 12' but lied to us for good reasons?

Surgeon General Jerome Adams tweeted Feb 29 "Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS! They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus". Then a few days later on Face The Nation said "“Masks do not work for the general public,” he told host Margaret Brennan. Adams suggested instead that Americans “stay safe by washing your hands.

This argument makes it seem like no one is ever allowed to be wrong. Do you really hold your public figures, your politicians, your celebrities and icons to such high expectations that they cannot be human beings? They made a mistake and said something that was wrong. Ok, got it.

It does make sense to wear a mask, though. Doesn't it?

It doesn't make sense to get drunk and litter a beautiful blue fresh water sandbar with red Solo cups, right? I mean, other than the misogynistic Girls Gone Wild aspect of that frat-fest... right?

Nuff said. This is so getting deleted.

Reefhound. Take your rebuttal of the rebuttal to the Pub please.

Todays rumor is 4 new cases and one of them is Pedro. The municipal president, that is.

It's not actually the muni president, it's Carlos the State Governor. I hate to see this but maybe this and the other clampdowns will encourage better compliance. Hospital occupancy went up to 57% and they announce tonight if we stay in orange or go back to red - considering what happened in the South of the state, I'm laying odds on nothing changing and them hoping the new clampdowns take hold.......

Carlos Joaquín

4zdGRtBc7y0.png

4h ·
axobuTi734a.png

BOCzaD2rwOa.png

Due to my actions as Governor, I have carried out a monitoring of my health, the test I took this week has been positive to Covid-19. I feel good and responsibly I will stay at home always attentive to the actions of the Government of Quintana Roo. #TogetherWillWillWillWeAhead
1aDPjB-886q.png

·
See original
·

Back
Top Bottom