Lunchbox as a reg bag

Do you use a reg bag?

• Yes

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

like this:

upload_2020-7-16_14-52-45.png

I have reg bags, but hardly use them.

After I dive, I hang my regs to dry... they aren't always dry by the time I'm diving again :)

I have to admit, I've also just thrown my regs into my carry-on all loosey goosey.

I've used soft-sided six pack coolers before and handy for beers once you get where you're going. Also used whatever cheap logo reg bags I find on sale. I think I currently have a leisure pro give away reg bag. I only use the reg bag to keep stuff snugged/ordered while riding in my luggage. Regs are in my mesh bag with the rest of my stuff when doing day boats and they stay with my tank on liveaboards. They ride around in a plastic tub or are part of my dive burrito when shore diving (no excess stuff, truck unlocked, windows down... you know where :)).

Holy Shitballs!!!!! I had that lunchbox in 1976!!!!
Thanks for the memory!!!

I can relate completely ! A few years ago, on a self-indulgent whim, I scored a vintage "Land Of The Giants" lunchbox on ebay, for about $30 ! It's exactly like the one I used to daydream over during class, in the 1st and 2nd grade ! I needed it like a hole in the head, but that was one of the toys I loved when I was a little kid, and I was overcome by nostalgia, and just couldn't resist.:D
Back on topic, I snagged a couple solidly made computer carrying cases at my local Goodwill, that I use to hold some regs. They're an ideal size, made of heavy, padded nylon, with solid zippers and carrying handle. I figure, what else do you need?
I may or may not want to drag them onto a wet boat, but for keeping the regs protected and stowable at home or in a vehicle, they're pretty nice, and were cheap as dirt. I still see nice ones there, all the time.

( and now, for your viewing pleasure ! :eyebrow: )

1968-land-giants-metal-lunch-box_1_2937f9b6306df91f14c5b3d391e9f047.jpg

Some shameless plugs. If you want a soft sided cooler these folks are good AOCoolers.com I use one of their coolers for my camera rig for a rinse tank but also to transport into a dingy. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

As for regs one of the better made ones from within the dive industry is made by Atomic. Plenty of room for two sets of regs. Trident was making a good one.

Some of my first reg storage cases were soft sided cases for pistols.

Back
Top Bottom