Warmest Glove Liners in Dry Gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@DevilEyeDog

I’m just curious (it’s a terminal condition with me!) - where did you end up getting the liners from?

I have Kubi dry gloves, the old ones with the thin gloves.
I followed some other thread's advice and bought the Hestra liners (https://www.hestragloves.com/products/34070-020-insulated-liner-long-offwhite).
They're a bit pricey and available in some local and online dive stores.

They are very warm but you lose a lot of dexterity (especially compared to the original Kubi set up).
They also keep you warm when they get wet (due to clumsiness or because you're getting sweaty).
I'm diving in 6C water and for a 40min dive I don't even need to lift the hands to get the warm air to fill the gloves.

What keeps your hands the warmest in your dry gloves?
And go...

QUALLOFIL® Inner-Lining For Dry Gloves, White

Those liners used to be called Hestra Quallofil Liners, but apparently they are rebranded as OMS now. The price also went up as they became diving gear, if I recall it correctly.

Very good in 36F water.

QUALLOFIL® Inner-Lining For Dry Gloves, White

Those liners used to be called Hestra Quallofil Liners, but apparently they are rebranded as OMS now. The price also went up as they became diving gear, if I recall it correctly.

Very good in 36F water.
They look really warm but I am someone who likes to be able to actually use my hands while diving.

I've used the 4th element g1 and normal 'military' style ragg wool gloves.

The g1s might be slightly warmer, but the wool are easier to get on/off, can be doubled up easily, are $40 for 12 pairs, and don't smell funky after a few uses :p

I was going to try a set of the fleece lined wool gloves next.

I dive regularly in 40f water

I really have not found anything warmer than the ragg wool that also allow a reasonable degree of dexterity. I have used them in the Arctic and Newfoundland/Labrador and although I am not saying my hands were warm they were certainly adequate.

I have the Showa 720 Nitrile Glove - Medium - Size 8 which is exactly my size. Because of that, i can only use one layer of liners. I tried the 4E G1 liners and even though they were pretty warm, it was really hard to put the drygloves on top of them and it was quite tight during the dive. Not really comfortable.
I tried the https://www.arket.com/en_dkk/men/ba...cSEn04lLDl1h8WWwr1OFD6rY8tF3OA4BoC4hUQAvD_BwE and while they we much more comfortable they weren't warm enough.
No i am thinking of getting the KUBI Icelandic wool thermal inner gloves or the 4E Xerotherm liners. Are they enough as one layer? Should i go a size (or two) up on my drygloves and get thicker gloves like the Hestra insulates liner long / OMS Quallofil / more layers?
Dexterity is a huge issue for me, with the 4E G1 it was already not easy to do some tasks, so i prefer as few layers as possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom