Boston lawsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello. This has been going on....In regard to the 'Front." and "Back." beaches in Rockport, Mass. nearly 30+ years. Most of the coastline in that area have houses on the waterfront, and are considered 'Private Property." Although, this is not the case here, and the few residents that live across the street "Think." they own the beaches. It is a "Public" beach.
Hopefully, it will blow over, and divers won't lose access to it.
I saw my first "Sea Raven." here. Extraordinary looking fish, of various colors ( Sometimes completely Yellow.) Lobster being their primary diet. They swallow them whole, often you can see them resting on Lobster pots waiting.:wink:
Cheers.
Rockport.jpg

SeaRavenY.jpg Rockport.jpg

Attachments

• SeaRavenB.jpg
    SeaRavenB.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 109
Sounds like a pretty popular dive spot.

yeah, every once in awhile something flares up but sadly really nothing new here. I also was diving here around 30 years ago and it was always something. One of the reasons I got away from local diving, just too much of a PITA.

It's not just a headache for divers. I kayak and paddleboard, and many towns/neighborhoods make water access difficult. That's pretty much a whole different set of access points in play, and this season some spots that used to be available have been restricted, typically made resident only. I suspect some are liking having Covid to use as an excuse to do this and I wonder if they will continue. Not just the ocean, but inland waters too. (I've seen complaints that some of the restrictions are of dubious legality.)

yeah, every once in awhile something flares up but sadly really nothing new here. I also was diving here around 30 years ago and it was always something. One of the reasons I got away from local diving, just too much of a PITA.

It's not just a headache for divers. I kayak and paddleboard, and many towns/neighborhoods make water access difficult. That's pretty much a whole different set of access points in play, and this season some spots that used to be available have been restricted, typically made resident only. I suspect some are liking having Covid to use as an excuse to do this and I wonder if they will continue. Not just the ocean, but inland waters too. (I've seen complaints that some of the restrictions are of dubious legality.)

Hello. I agree. There's parking for 3-4 vehicles at Folly Cove....It was posted 'Resident Parking Only." many years ago.....:( You can't even park at the restaurant anymore, or whatever it may be now.
Cheers.

Well, I have no experience of diving in Rockport, but I've been confronted with the same problem in le Lot (cave diving country to us here) and on some parts of the French coast. All it needs for such a problem to flare up, is an unruly diver, not civil enough to act as normal person... And then, the whole community of divers is singled out and foul mouthed... Maybe that was the case there...

Back
Top Bottom