Will there be a mini-season this year???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The county already said yes.

I don't go near the ocean during mini-season! I’m also one of the rare group of people who doesn’t typically eat lobster. I prefer fish, shrimp or scallops. I honestly couldn't care less if it gets canceled but I know many shops and charters really count on this business. I just hope whatever decision is made turns out to be the right decision.

For myself, Mini season was sort of a one and done type of thing. While the twenty year old in me loved the excitement, the older me wanted a bit more personal safety than was provided by boats flying around everywhere. Now I prefer to go later in the season when things are quieter and most of the eggs have dropped. Be safe

Islamorada is trying to cancel Mini-Season this year: Village calls for mini-season cancellation - Florida Keys Weekly Newspapers

What do you think? Too soon? Will this make mini-seasaon even more dangerous? Me? I do something safe during that week like dive solo in caves on my rebreather.

Hello Mr. Chairman,

I had no idea what a mini season was until I read the news clipping, the poor things.

I'm on the ferry back to Victoria after a long day yesterday and a restless night in Vancouver.

Sometimes On the way back to Victoria I'm outside looking at the beautiful scenery or hoping to spot marine life as the whales are often active, too tired this morning, in the lounge, shoes off, feet up, wrestling with a freshly grilled Hoagie and an over sized gin and tonic.

I've just contacted my staff, won't be back on the mainland until Tuesday.

Ain't life grand.

Rose

The county already said yes.
The county said "It's an FWC program, we can't make that decision".

The county said "It's an FWC program, we can't make that decision".
Yes and they didn’t support Islamoradas request either

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom