Upgrade from GoPro to TG6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRedDiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I currently have been diving with a GoPro since 2012. My setup currently includes the 6 with tray, red filters, and two 1000 lumen video lights. Been reasonably happy with results but would like to upgrade my rig (been loyal Backscatter customer). I’ve been disappointed with GoPro lacking in the macro department! I’m not at this time looking into getting into utilizing strobes but would like to use my existing video lights in conjunction with the Backscatter air lens for both fish portraits, and start getting into Macro. My main concern is will the image quality for stills be better than the GoPro without strobes? I’m still going to shoot video with GoPro on the shoe mount. Trying to upgrade but not spend $2000 ha ha ! If this post is in the wrong place I apologize!

I'm no photographer but I dive with a ton of them - those two cameras aren't even in the same catagory

Even without the strobes? I know the macro would be awesome but what about fish portraits etc?
Yes. No doubt about it.

I did the same swap more or less. The only difference was I had twin 2500 lumen lights. The resolution is far better on the TG-6, and the microscope mode is fantastic. The only issue will be with low light, distance shots of moving objects. You might get a blur.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom