American is giving me 11 minutes to connect in DFW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pay for parking at any airport, but is secure parking at DFW expensive? I see $15 per day at Express Parking North, not much more than I pay at Lubbock.
Current Covid info page for DFW:
"The Express South, Remote North and Remote South parking lots are temporarily closed. The Express North lot remains open and offers a rate of $10/day."

We no longer pay for parking at or near the airport. We rent a car for one day, one way, and turn it in at the airport. We can pick it up about a mile ftom our house. We drive to the airport with our bags, drop off one of us and the bags at the terminal, the other person drops off the car and takes the shuttle back to the airport. It is about break even cost for a one week trip, saves big bucks on longer trips.

How far are you guys from the airport? Uber costs me $12-$15 from my house to EWR. Inconsequential cost on all trips.

Yep, we've decided that we won't choose a flight where there's even a remote possibility that we'll once again be seen running through an airport.
Yeah, in this case, if I wanted to plan on hurrying more, it'd be better to do that for the 11am departure to connect to the earlier flight to Lubbock. I don't want to hurry at either point tho, and this gets me to Lubbock at 8:21 pm. I am really more accustomed to getting back at 11 pm.

Current Covid info page for DFW:
"The Express South, Remote North and Remote South parking lots are temporarily closed. The Express North lot remains open and offers a rate of $10/day."
That's about what I pay for covered parking in Lubbock. The actual lot I use was privately owned, since purchased by the airport, currently closed, and even their website is for sale. I just don't want to drive as far as DFW before or after my airport & plane encounters.

We no longer pay for parking at or near the airport. We rent a car for one day, one way, and turn it in at the airport. We can pick it up about a mile ftom our house. We drive to the airport with our bags, drop off one of us and the bags at the terminal, the other person drops off the car and takes the shuttle back to the airport. It is about break even cost for a one week trip, saves big bucks on longer trips.
Sounds great when it works. Even a solo traveler like me could do that with the rental car agency shuttle. It wouldn't work for me in the boondocks.

How far are you guys from the airport? Uber costs me $12-$15 from my house to EWR. Inconsequential cost on all trips.
One of the perks of living in civilization.

I guess I'll probably call the airline Tuesday when fares will probably be cheapest in case they won't just accommodate my requests. I dread the call tho, playing the game again all while knowing that the airline may renege on my new plans. I've planned and canceled several trips already.

I think I'll ask American to accommodate me with a one-way to Cozumel and return from Cancun. They have a flight at 12:10 pm that seems to start on the 27th, so I'll try to go on the 18th for nine nights. They also have one at 11-something, but I like the extra time to get to the Cancun airport that morning. I'd love to make the 1½ hour connection in DFW on the return, but I think that's too tight for I&C then get to wherever the connecting flight is, back thru security there and all. I'll go for the 4+ hour connection.
Flying "open jawed" like that is possible with many airlines. It may be more expensive, though.

Flying "open jawed" like that is possible with many airlines. It may be more expensive, though.

I've had to do it on occasion. You do what you have (or are personally willing) to do to get you gills wet. @DandyDon, good luck on your trip and have a nice B-day. I'm going to miss you by a week (if all goes well, who knows these days), but I'll leave the lights on for you (whatever lights are prudent :)).

Yeah, it'll be me trying to play Let's Make a Deal with the keyword accommodate. Since they failed me on the agreed booking, they should accept my paid fare as enough to get me there and back. I'm not going to ask for bus & ferry rebates.

How long is American taking to honor valid refund requests? They told me to check back after 24 hours, but after a week it's still pending on a different trip.

How long is American taking to honor valid refund requests? They told me to check back after 24 hours, but after a week it's still pending on a different trip.
I'll hazard a guess that whatever airline personnel are handling refund and rebooking requests are rather busy at the moment.

I'll hazard a guess that whatever airline personnel are handling refund and rebooking requests are rather busy at the moment.
With no help on the way, which allows the airline to keep money that belongs to others longer.

With no help on the way, which allows the airline to keep money that belongs to others longer.
Well, OK. In normal times that might be a cause for protest, but these are not normal times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom