Bahamas travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saniflush

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Also posted this in the Bahamas forum but thought it might should be here as well.

As of June 25 th the Bahamas has made a change to their Phase 2 – Commercial Travel plan and is now
requiring that tourists obtain a negative PCR test (long swab). The test must be taken within 10 days of
your travel date.

I'm on the Juliet 3rd week of July. I'm worst case planning on getting tested (per the crew's recommendation), but will know more in a week as the Juliet is making their first Bahamas run of the season next week. I've been promised actual "boots on the ground" info from the crew with full testing protocols prior to when I actually have to show up for my testing appointment. I'm not sure if there will be any differences between liveaboard vs island accommodations. I'll report back what I find out.

I'm on the Juliet 3rd week of July. I'm worst case planning on getting tested (per the crew's recommendation), but will know more in a week as the Juliet is making their first Bahamas run of the season next week. I've been promised actual "boots on the ground" info from the crew with full testing protocols prior to when I actually have to show up for my testing appointment. I'm not sure if there will be any differences between liveaboard vs island accommodations. I'll report back what I find out.

Oh well, we rescheduled our Bahamas/Juliet trip until next May. After changing our testing appointment multiple times in order to meet the changing Bahamian testing requirement (10 days, then 7 days, then back to 10 days) our final appointment fell through (powers that be cancelled testing for our day) and we were informed any new testing would be subject to a 10 day queue for test results. That was the "handwriting on the wall" for this trip. Just tough luck at a volatile time with lots of moving parts given the Bahamians' trying to set a reasonable policy; a lack of asymptomatic testing in our area; a bit of a scrambled testing response; and a spike of cases in our state. It's a brave new world :). Wife and I are still healthy and we're on to the next dive trip on the schedule, hopefully with better results. Dive on...:clearmask:

BTW, the Juliet was GREAT through all this. They communicated well and rescheduled us with no issues. Can hardly wait to get back to diving with them. They are one of the best. :):bounce::bounce::bounce:

That sucks but at least they are carrying it over to next year. Still planning to hit Aqua Cat in September. (fins crossed)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom