Trip Report Florida Dive Trip June 27 to July 7, 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely remember you! Love that red XDeep wing. Not sure if you noticed me diving in my XDeep Ghost. Cheers to you!

I saw the wing on the boat, but I don't think I ran into you during the dive, different dive schedules and all. But I did (literally at times) run into Tom & Kelly pretty much every time we did deco.

THIS is why we need a gang sign! Flash it a couple of times and SB folks can identify one another.

I am going to circle back later to report on yesterday's last dives in West Palm Beach. I have a lot of things to process before posting on that. So, be patient.

Did you make your report for this day and I missed it? Interested since WPB is our home base for diving Florida and the way you phrased it suggested we might need a heads up about something.

Did you make your report for this day and I missed it? Interested since WPB is our home base for diving Florida and the way you phrased it suggested we might need a heads up about something.
I never did circle back to make that post. We did have a couple of interesting dives at Tear Drop and then Breakers. The highlight was the surface interval we did between the 2 dives. We hung out in very blue water in about 500 feet depth. We found some sharks circling below us and got in with masks, snorkel and fins and watched them cruising about below us quite closely. Here are a few pics-- not sure what kind of sharks they were. As for the "other" stuff, I will PM you.

upload_2020-7-8_13-54-31.png

upload_2020-7-8_13-55-14.png

... Here are a few pics-- not sure what kind of sharks they were...
View attachment 596922

View attachment 596923

I think they are silky sharks, judging by small dorsal fin and very small 2nd dorsal fin near the tail, and overall shape.
Did they feel silky when you touched them?:D
Great shots and beautiful blue water!!!

I think they are silky sharks, judging by small dorsal fin and very small 2nd dorsal fin near the tail, and overall shape.
Did they feel silky when you touched them?:D
Great shots and beautiful blue water!!!
Didn't touch them, but they definitely looked silky smooth to me. :)

Enjoyed the video and liked the photo of the yellow stingray in particular (really like those guys' intricate patterning and color). I think you mentioned the Spiegel Grove is the 3rd largest dedicated artificial reef in the world; I'm guessing the Oriskany is one of the other two? What's the other one?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom