northern New England conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, we didn’t dive Cathedral yesterday. Reasons: parking was prohibited, air temp was in the 80-s around high tide, which is not good for a really strenuous hike down those rocks, and the conditions were a bit iffy.

Had 2 great dives at Lanes instead; visibility 20+, likely the best I’ve seen there. Didn’t check water temps, but in upper 50s I’d say. Both dives around 70 minutes, went down to about 50-55 feet both times, but stayed mostly in 35ft range.

Lots of bugs, crabs, flounder, some stripers, and a huge schools of fish that could have been scups or porgies, that moved around like a cloud blocking sun.

I did stonington yesterday evening. The squid made the dive.

So, we didn’t dive Cathedral yesterday. Reasons: parking was prohibited, air temp was in the 80-s around high tide, which is not good for a really strenuous hike down those rocks, and the conditions were a bit iffy.

Had 2 great dives at Lanes instead; visibility 20+, likely the best I’ve seen there. Didn’t check water temps, but in upper 50s I’d say. Both dives around 70 minutes, went down to about 50-55 feet both times, but stayed mostly in 35ft range.

Lots of bugs, crabs, flounder, some stripers, and a huge schools of fish that could have been scups or porgies, that moved around like a cloud blocking sun.

Those are bait balls and wait until you see the ones off NC!!

This one was in 100fsw on the Atlas and looked like it went to the surface!

TIGHT_BAITBALL_ATLAS.JPG

They may also contain sharks.
SAND_TIGER_in_BAITBALL_ATLAS.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom