New Airport tax of $210 per passenger proposed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouch ! A really foolish proposal for an island that is trying to increase its tourist traffic

anyone who would travel there after such a ridiculous tax is added is an idiot. when you want people to return and support your economy, you don't raise the cost, you offer incentives.

unt
anyone who would travel there after such a ridiculous tax is added is an idiot. when you want people to return and support your economy, you don't raise the cost, you offer incentives.
until you run out of incentives. or covid dampens your business model

people will travel. if you add costs, they will travel elsewhere.
obviously this is a simple reply to a complex subject.
some people don't care. they put no thought into this. they will pay whatever they have to in order to return to their favorite location. this is the attitude that in part, has driven travel costs higher and higher over the years.
for me, a flight to curacao would probably be close to $1000. if they add another couple hundred there is no way i would even consider it as an option.

For us, it is x3, so it is not really something I'm liking at all... That is more than the cost we pay for a round trip ticket. Hope that they get their head out of their rectum on this.

What outrageous way to gouge the tourists who help support the economy and jobs! It would definitely be a deal breaker for me.

I must be drunk. (....and I haven't touched a drop) Welcome to the new normal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom