Hello From NC.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtscuba02

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello to everyone from the most beautiful state of North Carolina! After taking a long break(12 years) from diving, I have decided to get back in the water. Researching if my rig is still good to use brought me to this site and I have found some great info already. If there are any groups from the coastal area on here that get together and dive, I would be interested in meeting up in the near future.

Almost forgot, I'm retired from the military and I teach at a small CC in Lumberton. Thanks for having me and have a good one!

Hello to everyone from the most beautiful state of North Carolina! After taking a long break(12 years) from diving, I have decided to get back in the water. Researching if my rig is still good to use brought me to this site and I have found some great info already. If there are any groups from the coastal area on here that get together and dive, I would be interested in meeting up in the near future.

Almost forgot, I'm retired from the military and I teach at a small CC in Lumberton. Thanks for having me and have a good one!
Hello. Welcome aboard. N.C. is one of my favorite places. Considering I'm a "Former Marine." and your home to the "Graveyard of the Atlantic.
Cheers.

Welcome to the board. There are 2 dive quarries just north of Raleigh if you care to do some easy diving to get your skills tuned back up.

Welcome!

Welcome back to diving & thanks for your military service. I’m originally from TN & agree that NC is a beautiful state - it has my favorite section of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Hello. Welcome aboard. N.C. is one of my favorite places. Considering I'm a "Former Marine." and your home to the "Graveyard of the Atlantic.
Cheers.

Thank you for your service, good sir. I was lucky (or unlucky), because I grew up in coastal SC and spent the majority of my career here at Ft. Bragg. Seeing that I was only 2 hours from home, anytime I wasn't doing Army stuff, I went home and was diving.

Thinking back to all the people I talked into getting certified just so I would have a dive buddy. lol I can think of 10 of us that would dive on the weekends or make trips to the Keys. Now, I have a friend that got certified and it cam out that 2 of out other friends are too. So I'm back to my old tricks and getting people motivated to dive.

I love all the wrecks off the coast here and SC. Looking at the maps of the known wreck sites, a person could almost dive a lifetime and maybe see them all. Bad news for the loss of life for the sailors, but great for us divers.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the board. There are 2 dive quarries just north of Raleigh if you care to do some easy diving to get your skills tuned back up.

I am going to do a tune-up class for the dive tables and such and then head to Thomasville for some time UW before taking some ocean trips. I have been to a few of those quarries before. Rolesville is the other, I think. There was a place right close to here Acapulco Lake, I think, that we would go dive too. The name was quite the misnomer. Kinda like Iceland and Greenland. lol Thomasville and Rolesville are pretty decent inland dive spots, if I am remembering correctly. One has a full service shop, or at least did.

Thank you for the welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom