DRYSUIT ATTACHED BOOTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay Adams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I dive a dui cf200xl the boots are part of the suit and a bit large to my size 10.5 foot. because of the larger boots they compress down on my toes making it impossible to move my toes. at the end of a dive they're a bit cramped. any thoughts on what to use in the boots to protect my toes? an extra pair of socks maybe in the boots? (sorry if this has been posted before, not sure how to search the forums with any accuracy) thanks in advance for your help, I do use wool socks in my suit as they're a little more padded and a wee bit warmer than gym socks

the boots are a part of the suit.
Can still turn the suit in and have someone take the boots off and glue on a new pair...?
My suit came with boots that were way too small and I had them changed out to a larger size.

The suit is always going to compress around you, you could keep more air in the feet to offset that. But having good fitting boots helps a ton.

It costs around $250 to change them. If your neck or wrist seals or zipper are getting old, or you have leaks, might as well get those taken care of at the same time.

It is very common to buy a used drysuit and then pay to get it the boots and seals changed. Still way cheaper than buying new, and lets you change styles too. One thing you might consider is changing to socks and Rockboots. Those would probably compress less around you, and some people love them. I don't like any extra steps that slows me down while getting into my drysuit in florida heat and humidity, though.

I've crutched through this with an extra pair of wool socks. The current suit I got built with the correct size boots. Love it now.

Boots can be cut off and replaced. It is not a one and done deal. I would recommend that wherever you get the work done, get the boots first and try them on. I got lucky and got a chance to try some before I bought. I normally wear a 43 Euro shoe/boot. Found the same suit with a 43 attached. That was too big. Got a 42 and with the right socks and it turned perfect. So get the boots, try them on before they are glued in place, send them in together. A little extra shipping, but you know the size is right.

I dive a dui cf200xl the boots are part of the suit and a bit large to my size 10.5 foot. because of the larger boots they compress down on my toes making it impossible to move my toes. at the end of a dive they're a bit cramped. any thoughts on what to use in the boots to protect my toes? an extra pair of socks maybe in the boots? (sorry if this has been posted before, not sure how to search the forums with any accuracy) thanks in advance for your help, I do use wool socks in my suit as they're a little more padded and a wee bit warmer than gym socks

I fixed the same problem by switching to 2 pairs of the fattest wool socks I could find, which completely filled the boots. Toasty warm and no non-trapped-by-socks moving-air in the boots. I forgot the second pair Monday and it felt sloppy. The tallish socks also eliminate air movement around the ankle and lower calf.

I like the idea of rock boots, I dive New Hampshire lakes and the water is cold, bottoms are rocky and a lot of my entries are shore dives. Good tread and ankle support are actually important. I can also use those with my wetsuit

Back
Top Bottom