Need Help - First Regulator Rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When he was 8, my youngest was the designated bathtub reg tester... he loved the job!

sound, mostly. i was going to use my daughter's next bath to do the bubble test.

Make sure your daughter is finished with her bath before you test your reg in the tub. Depending on your daughter's age, your idea could be very creepy....:eek:

Also, on a more serious note, just use regular water, not bubble bath, to look for bubbles. And pressurize the reg before submerging it. Another way you can check for leaks is to install both the SPG and a IP gauge, pressurize, then turn the tank valve off and watch to see if either gauge moves; leave it for several minutes. No gauge movement? No leak.

Bubble test complete! You were right. it was just operational noise.

this is so cool.

You could also spray soapy water from an atomizer on the 1st, 2nd, and hoses, to locate bubbles.

I was so intimidated going into this exercise and it turned out to be purely logical and common sense. I don't think I'd go pulling apart my Legend LX but the Titan was super-simple and intuitive.

I feel like I understand the physics of the regulator now which is an added bonus to being able take it apart and service it. Same things with the 109's I played with.

Thank you to everyone on here who helped me and guided me through this. I have a much deeper connection to my gear now.

Cool stuff. I recommend that everyone do this.

Thank you to everyone on here who helped me and guided me through this.

I recommend that everyone do this.

I'm not throwing stones, mind you, but this crowd goes from crack user to crack pusher really quickly. It's not that I disagree with folks knowing how their gear works. I agree. Its the fourth and fifth reg set bought off of a 'bay and rebuilt that I have issues with.

I'm not throwing stones, mind you, but this crowd goes from crack user to crack pusher really quickly. It's not that I disagree with folks knowing how their gear works. I agree. Its the fourth and fifth reg set bought off of a 'bay and rebuilt that I have issues with.
Only 4th and 5th? Have I got a deal for you! lol
I have about a dozen 1sts that I need to rebuild, 10 either in active rotation or rebuild and just ready to go... a round dozen seconds that are rebuilt, but not in the use... It's a little out of hand. But others make me look like a noob to this affliction! lol

I feel like I understand the physics of the regulator now which is an added bonus to being able take it apart and service it. I have a much deeper connection to my gear now.
I recommend that everyone do this.

Great kid! Don't get cocky ....

I was so intimidated going into this exercise and it turned out to be purely logical and common sense. I don't think I'd go pulling apart my Legend LX but the Titan was super-simple and intuitive.

Congratulations; get some decent tools, if you have not already; read-up -- you'll never look back . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom