PLBs Can Save Your Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update:
I received a package today with the correct tracking number, as given to me for my order. It contained two cloth face masks.
I lodged a request for a full refund with PayPal for both units I ordered.
I never received a tracking number or anything else after the initial order confirmation which has a link to check my order status: "Processing"

Today, I did receive a few masks, and I guess they came from this adventure. They're probably better than the bandanas I've been wearing on my rare outings into the world, and gives them a tracking number to argue about, but my dispute still stands with Visa.

I've had a HDVSeaTek canister for about 3 years and it has had a minor leak on occasion, definitely more reliable when the oring is drowned in silicone.

Anyway, it is now leaking more regularly so I'm thinking I will replace the oring. Has anyone replaced their seatek oring with success? An idea what size it is?

I've had a HDVSeaTek canister for about 3 years and it has had a minor leak on occasion, definitely more reliable when the oring is drowned in silicone.

Anyway, it is now leaking more regularly so I'm thinking I will replace the oring. Has anyone replaced their seatek oring with success? An idea what size it is?
Yes, the o-ring needs to be silicone greased now and then as well as replaced every year or two. I did learn of the size and we discussed possible orders in this thread: Hdvseatek O-rings identified

I hope that you can find a good source over there.

Another update:
Through the Paypal Resolution Center the scumbag offered me $54 to resolve the dispute, but my purchase was $64 (numbers rounded).
I rejected his offer; we'll see what happens next.
And another update:
PayPal said they needed me to supply more info:
To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice.

Examples of such agencies could include:

• The Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov)
  • Your state's Consumer Protection office
  • Your state police
  • A Federal law enforcement agency such as the FBI or Postal Inspection Service
  • A report to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) isn’t acceptable for this document request
Filing a report with a law enforcement agency or government organization

• Contact a law enforcement agency or other governmental organization (either in person or online) to report the issue
  • Report specific details regarding the item you received
  • You must obtain a copy of a report from the law enforcement agency or governmental organization and provide it to PayPal
  • The report must contain the following information: It should be on the agency's or organization's letterhead or contain a stamp or seal or some other information that indicates the report is official documentation
    • It should clearly explain the details of your issue
    • It must include the agency's or organization's contact information
Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller.
I responded that it was not possible for me to file such a report without information on the seller's name, address, telephone number, email, website, and IP address (per requirements for example on the www.ic3.gov website) which I did not have. Therefore, I am forced to accept the scammer's low offer of $54.

No response yet from PayPal.

And in further news:
I have now received five cloth masks in lieu of the PLB, for my other order, for the cheaper ACR unit. Here we go again.

I responded that it was not possible for me to file such a report without information on the seller's name, address, telephone number, email, website, and IP address (per requirements for example on the www.ic3.gov website) which I did not have. Therefore, I am forced to accept the scammer's low offer of $54.
That sucks. Now I am glad I paid with Visa altho we both should have known better than try. But can't you get that info from the website and the email, even tho you know it fraudulent.

I have now received the three cloth masks in lieu of the PLB, for my other order, for the cheaper ACR unit. Here we go again.
Well, they seem to be usable KN95 masks at least. I got five. But I ordered 10 more from a reputable US supplier for $10, so not a bid deal.

That sucks. Now I am glad I paid with Visa altho we both should have known better than try. But can't you get that info from the website and the email, even tho you know it fraudulent.

The security of the bank card details used on a fraudulent website should be considered as compromised and, ideally, that bank card should be cancelled and a new bank card ordered.

The security of the bank card details used on a fraudulent website should be considered as compromised and, ideally, that bank card should be cancelled and a new bank card ordered.
This is why I use PayPal.

Yep, did that, but thanks for the reminder.

This is why I use PayPal.
I'm glad that I didn't with all of that.
And another update:
To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice.

• Your state police
  • A report to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) isn’t acceptable for this document request

• Contact a law enforcement agency or other governmental organization (either in person or online) to report the issue
  • You must obtain a copy of a report from the law enforcement agency or governmental organization and provide it to PayPal
  • The report must contain the following information: It should be on the agency's or organization's letterhead or contain a stamp or seal or some other information that indicates the report is official documentation

And in further news:
I have now received five cloth masks in lieu of the PLB, for my other order, for the cheaper ACR unit. Here we go again.

And another update:

• Your state police

And in further news:
Final update.
I have now received full refunds from PayPal on both units that I ordered.
Game over.

Back
Top Bottom