What kind of LP Inflator Hose do I need - Diverite Transpac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boogs34

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi - are all Dive Rite use standard LP hoses to inflate the BCD? I bought this BCD and when trying to use my standard regulator LP Hose - it clearly did not fit. Do I need a Dive Rite LP Hose - and are all those the same? Took it to a local dive shop in Cozumel and although they cannot find their size required so I have to order it online. Any help would be helpful. I could just buy a dive rite LP Hose but want to ensure I am right;

Rubber BC Inflator Hose | Dive Rite

IMG_1093.JPG
IMG_1094.JPG
IMG_1095.JPG

On those that have an alternate breathing air supply, it takes a special hose to be able to supply enough flow to breathe. It is NOT a standard LP hose

It depends on the brand integrated inflator you have. The regular low-pressure inflator hoises are all standard, but various brands of integratated octo/inflaotrs take different hoses.

P.S. Dive Rite does not sell a hose to fit your integrated air source inflator, which is not a Dive Rite unit, by the way. Tell us the brand name on your inflator, and we can tell you what hose you need.

We need to see the end to find out what kind of hose you need. You don’t have a standard inflator, but an air source inflator, which requires a special hose.

Actually, looking again at the pictures, the round red and square red buttons are pretty characteristic. It is probably an H2Odyssey: Inflator Plus, which was also sold for a while with a Dive Rite label on it, called the Rite Source; both unit are vintage 2007 or so. The DR official name was the RG2200 BC Integrated Octopus. The hose it used was the same as for the ScubaPro Air2, so is easy to find. For example: https://www.amazon.com/Quick-Disconnect-Hose-ScubaPro-Air-2/dp/B0000E1R5A. You can also buy a small adapter that fits on the end of a standard LP regulator hose.

I would NEVER use a standard LP hose with an adapter for this. The standard hose (with the schrader valve in the end) is not designed to allow enough flow for a person to get enough air to breathe from the octo.

GET THE PROPER HOSE

I would NEVER use a standard LP hose with an adapter for this. The standard hose (with the schrader valve in the end) is not designed to allow enough flow for a person to get enough air to breathe from the octo.

GET THE PROPER HOSE
No, you are confusing a standard LP regulator hose with a Low Pressure Inflator hose. The latter has the Schrader valve and restricted opening; the former has just an open end, which normally goes on a second stage, but in this case goes on a QR adapter that fits the ScubaPro fitting.

No, you are confusing a standard LP regulator hose with a Low Pressure Inflator hose. The latter has the Schrader valve and restricted opening; the former has just an open end, which normally goes on a second stage, but in this case goes on a QR adapter that fits the ScubaPro fitting.
OK, I concede.

Thank you for the help. Shows the immense wealth of knowledge of this community.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom