Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Preach! We Definitely will pass our thanks to the staff, they have truly been On It with the covid practices.
But the staff should demand masks for all on premises....or no entry!

But the staff should demand masks for all on premises....or no entry!

Most if not all businesses down here look like they are doing a great job but think this thru:

You are at a beach club sitting at a table or on the beach, distanced from others - should you be wearing a mask?

At a resort pool distanced from others?

At some store or inside a building shopping?

I wear one when inside or close around others - I don’t wear one riding a scooter, when moving on a boat or sitting on the beach and I wouldn’t expect any more than that from others around me.

Those that are higher risk should evaluate their own surroundings - I just don’t see expecting a guy at the pool ten feet away to be wearing a mask.

There was a lot of conflicting statements on masks early on, some of it politics, but can we leave it now. Masks are very helpful in preventing you (even if you have no symptoms yet but may be carrying), and that's just logical as they help control the droplets you expel. Why else does everyone in a surgical room wear one? To a lesser degree they can reduce your exposure if you wear. The Golden Rule is failing here tho, and the national government needs to require wearing instead of calling it a personal decision.

Houston has 2½ million people, a 25% infection, and their hospitals are near limits so they also cannot help patients with other life-threatening needs. That's just one example of many failures. Mask wearing needs to be enforced in Cozumel as well.

Sitting COZ right now and I will say it is a bit unnerving that literally the only people wearing masks at Secrets are me, my lady, and the staff. Literally None of the other guests are. Craziness. First two dives of the week just completed though so I am a Very Happy man at the moment regardless of others poor choices.
Very concerning that guests are not wearing masks. Thanks for wearing yours & helping to protect the staff. I thought masks were required in COZ right now. Thanks for the update. Who did you dive with & how was it?

This trope is trotted out every day by the anti-mask crowd. It is nonsense. Here are the facts:

Nobody ever said "don't wear masks." The message, for anyone who cared to pay attention, was this:
  1. There is (was) a critical shortage of PPE (personal protection equipment), including face masks. The need for this equipment is (was) extremely dire in the early days (March-April).
  2. Front-line health care workers and first responders need that gear most - without it, they will die in great numbers (and then we will all be in even more trouble, as the pandemic spreads and we have no trained professional staff to deal with it).
  3. In order to make as much PPE available to those who really need it the most, individuals should not try to buy it all up. So don't hoard medical supplies - leave that for the critical medical staff and other front-line essential workers who need it the most. You don't really need a mask, instead stay home and limit your contact with others.
  1. You're talking to the wall, you know? :D

Most if not all businesses down here look like they are doing a great job but think this thru:

You are at a beach club sitting at a table or on the beach, distanced from others - should you be wearing a mask?

I wear one when inside or close around others - I don’t wear one riding a scooter, when moving on a boat or sitting on the beach and I wouldn’t expect any more than that from others around me.

Those that are higher risk should evaluate their own surroundings - I just don’t see expecting a guy at the pool ten feet away to be wearing a mask.
In other words use a little f#cking common sense and be respectful of others???? I can accept that

I agree, but inside, I expect mask to be worn with the exception of sitting at your table eating....with social distancing in play.

Very concerning that guests are not wearing masks. Thanks for wearing yours & helping to protect the staff. I thought masks were required in COZ right now. Thanks for the update. Who did you dive with & how was it?

Yeah it's weird how many dirty looks we've gotten from people for wearing them. Ended up going with Liquid Blue which after today I know was Absolutely the right call. Two great dives today and currently set up for the next two days as well. Need to find another couple people to join for Thursday and Friday and if i can I will probably dive both of those days as well as

Back
Top Bottom