Sensorcon Calibration Service - Includes What? And what about Sensor Drift?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Edited: I have returned mine for this service in 2016 and 2018 and it was time again, but I wanted to ensure that they would replace the battery and sensor. I called, spoke with a sales agent and she advises that complete service is actually $69. The sensor has an expected life of 3 or 4 years, and the technicians will replace the battert on the $49 service anyway, but not the sensor.

Rather than mailing mine in and not having for a few weeks, I opted for the easier replacement with a new one at $96.75 as I got her to extend the holiday 25% discount for me. It'd be a little cheaper to mail mine in for the total $69 service, but my laziness has a price.

About Sensor Drift: She checked again with an engineer and they claim that their sensors have built-in software to adjust for that for two years. They recommend calibration every six months, but it sounds like it's just not needed. Maybe they suggest that more so for legal liability reasons.

They will brick of not calibrated within their required documentation. You get EOL on the screen, and it is done. There are some threads on the Board here as to how to put together the supplies to do your own calibration.

I use mine while running my compressor, doing real-time monitoring of it pumping. I have it plumbed off a tee on my fill hose, through an OxyCheq DIN flow restrictor, then into a tee with a check valve on one leg (blow off), and a flowmeter on the other which I can set to 0.5 lpm, and finally the meter. Works great. 90 day calibration i believe is the requirement on it...

Battery is, IIRC, a CR123, and simple to change (screws in cover)

FWIW - I had my best luck with email, then having a name and extension to get to them directly. They are here in my home town, but I can't do walk in business there (even pre-pandemic). They are a little tough on the customer service side, but once you get to someone, they are pretty good.

They will brick of not calibrated within their required documentation. You get EOL on the screen, and it is done.
I keep mine turned on 24/7 for two years at a time with no problems.

will die at two years if not calibrated in the required window.

upload_2020-7-6_15-15-15.png

will die at two years if not calibrated
Ok, I'll accept that. I have never let one gone more than 23 months actually. I did edit my first post after I received an email. $49 service includes calibration and battery replacement, but not sensor. The sensor is replaced and calibrated in the $69 service.

Thanks for chasing this down. I will keep an eye out for the next sale, didn't get one this time but it seems like a very good choice given the cost for purchase and service.

Thanks for chasing this down. I will keep an eye out for the next sale, didn't get one this time but it seems like a very good choice given the cost for purchase and service.
Call 716-566-2728 tomorrow, option 2 for sales, tell them you could not take advantage of the sale price this week, and ask them to give you 25% discount. It worked for me but won't forever.

Oh, this was posted on the other thread...
FYI, the code JULY4 has been extended through COB today. 25% off their CO meters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom