Another computer recomendation post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My eyes are "only" at +1.25 and I have no problems seeing my Cressi Leonardo w/o any readers or anything. I wouldn't necessarily buy a Leonardo now: you can catch e.g. an atmos for the price of Leo + d/l kit, but OTOH it is a fairly bulletproof device.

If you are ready to bite the bullet on higher end Shearwaters you can't go wrong (I love my Teric). But, like you, I dive with my son and have two GEO 2.0s that are looking for a home since I upgraded. I sent you a PM.

If you don't care for AI but want recreational wrist/watch type computer with batteries you can change yourself (CR2450 battery is rated for up to two years/300 dives) then you should look at Scubapro's A1:
https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.com/computers/wrist-computers/aladin-a1-dive-computer

It is a single gas computer, ZH-L16 algorithm accommodates single-gas Nitrox capability from 21% to 100% 02, which is strictly recreational diving only (for all levels of recreational diving). It doesn't have AI capability however. It is reasonably priced.
---------------
If you want a wrist/watch type of computer that has AI feature with multi-gas capabilities that can do all types of recreational and technical diving (including sidemount) with batteries you can change (CR2450 battery is rated for up to two years/300 dives), then take a look at SP's brand new A2 computer:
Scubapro A2 Dive Computer

For most advanced type of recreational/technical/CCR wrist dive computer with AI, then take a look at the G2 from SP (re-chargeable batteries however):
https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.co...s/g2-wrist-dive-computer-includes-transmitter

(You can buy it with or without the transmitter. If you buy it without the transmitter, you can get the transmitter at any time later). It appears that SP has a promotion now that includes the transmitter for free.

Ratio-computers has a full line of dive computers that cover all type of divers' needs from Apnea to basic recreational to advanced recreational to full technical and CCR divers. Their batteries are rechargeable however.
Ratio Dive Computers

What is even more interesting about the Ratio Computers is that you can buy a basic model and then, when you need to, pay a license fee and upgrade the computer to the next level more advanced computer. You can start with a lower price with strictly recreational dive computer and upgrade later to the most advanced version by just paying a license fee and you will receive a license pass-code to open the more advanced version in the same computer.

Ratio computers have the longest, by a very wide margin, battery life of all rechargeable dive computers out there. They have very east to read screen and very bright numbers (you can customize the brightness of the screen or set it to automatic). Their menu is very easy to navigate and to customize.

The iX3M GPS version of Ratio computers has an onboard GPS that makes it very easy to navigate to dive points and to record your drop down or surface points. I use it often to record new dive points that I find interesting and want to be able to return to them later. (You can get the iX3M Pro version of the iX3M line without GPS feature if you don't want to pay for the GPS feature).

I used a Suunto as my primary computer on a liveaboard without issue. Did 24 dives in 5 days, one was cancelled due to weather. The closest I came to deco was 5 minutes on a couple dives. I was using 32%.

What model do you use?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom