Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate wearing underwear.. went to Lowe's today...new normal as every single person was wearing a mask...gotta love NY'ers....

I had to make a stop at a super crowded HEB Saturday and I'd rate mask compliance at 100%. I saw one woman exiting without a mask as I was entering but she may have had one on inside. One thing the Asian countries didn't ahve to deal with was their authorities telling them the first three months of the pandemic to NOT wear masks.

think this is Santa Rosa Wall or Colombia Mid... Experts weigh in please. Think I was at Colombia when I took it...

DSC_5593 copy-Enhanced.jpg

hope you aren’t going outside in NYC then. Way more cases that Coz I think? It’s one of the main reasons I was keen to get down to coz last month. Far less cases in coz than Toronto and didn’t want to stay inside in Toronto:

Isaac Bogoch, an infectious diseases physician at Toronto General Hospital, said he’s more concerned about the possibility of COVID-19 transmission when people arrive at their travel destination, rather than the risks of air travel itself.

Dr. Bogoch said there are few cases of COVID-19 transmission on airplanes and that it doesn’t pose a significant risk, especially with rules in place to prevent transmission, such as requiring passengers to wear masks. He added that the way air is circulated on planes may help reduce transmission risk.
“I think that while the risk [of transmission on airplanes] is not 0 per cent, it’s probably lower than what people think it is,” Dr. Bogoch said.
He added that as long as COVID-19 is circulating without a vaccine, there will be some chance of transmission of the coronavirus in public places, such as airplanes.
“There’s no zero-risk scenario,” he said. “If people are choosing to travel, they are potentially going to be exposed.”
For instance, an article published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal in February documented that there were no cases of COVID-19 transmission on a flight from China to Toronto in January. A man on that flight was experiencing symptoms of the disease and public-health officials conducted contact tracing on people sitting within close proximity to him. None of them developed COVID-19.

I need more than one proof. Lol

think this is Santa Rosa Wall or Colombia Mid... Experts weigh in please. Think I was at Colombia when I took it...

View attachment 596317
Looks more like Columbia, Santa Rosa is primarily short swim throughs at the top of the wall leading into shallow sand.

Could be the end of Santa Rosa. It does get deeper there. There are parts I recall at the end of Cedral Wall leading into Santa Rosa that are a candidate. I don't recognize it from the photo. It looks deeper but I think when you were here it was overcast alot so less light. If I had the whole reef/pillar I could say better.

Sitting COZ right now and I will say it is a bit unnerving that literally the only people wearing masks at Secrets are me, my lady, and the staff. Literally None of the other guests are. Craziness. First two dives of the week just completed though so I am a Very Happy man at the moment regardless of others poor choices.

Sitting COZ right now and I will say it is a bit unnerving that literally the only people wearing masks at Secrets are me, my lady, and the staff. Literally None of the other guests are. Craziness. First two dives of the week just completed though so I am a Very Happy man at the moment regardless of others poor choices.
Ok, that sucks, as they are putting you at risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom