Mask fit issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perfect fit Guarantee:
Hey Dive Buddies,
I’m so confident in how well these awesome freedive masks fit, I want to prove it to you.
In the very remote chance my MAKO Minimus Freedive Mask does not fit:

• I will refund the full price of the mask.
  • I will refund the shipping cost of the mask.
  • AND YOU KEEP THE MASK!
All I ask is that you:
  • Give me a call to help me learn about your sizing.
  • Promise to give the mask someone who loves and respects the ocean as much as you do.

https://www.makospearguns.com/Minimus-Mini-Freedive-Mask-p/mmm.htm

There is no way for an accurate recommendation on mask fit, I have a Tusa FD 50 that works perfectly in warm water but not cold, the Paragon is now my go to, pricy but one of the better masks out there. I also have some SP frameless that worked for years and than started leaking more, Spectra always worked, Atomic frameless was good until it wasn’t. When you find one the fits buy a second one and maybe a third.

I wish I could be more help... I'm blessed to have an easy face to fit a mask to. If a stiffer skirt is what you want, though, you might try one of the cheap Aqualung masks that they sell in walmart and whatnot for snorkeling and pool toy type stuff. They have frames, but are a tempered glass lens with clear PVC skirt instead of silicone. I actually carry one as a spare, and they are cheap. And before anyone complains about cheap, "toy" masks.... remember, if it's stupid and it works... it isn't stupid!
Respectfully,
James

My issue there is selection. The two LDS I go to only have Tusa or Mares and I've had no luck with either. I'm thinking frameless with a little stiffer skirt might do the trick. Any tips on masks in that style that don't have the super soft skirt?

Depending on where you are located in Missouri, I have a couple of frameless masks you are welcome to try on.

DW

DGX masks have worked great for me. Might be worth checking out:
Masks | Dive Gear Express®
I'm a fan of DGX maybe I'll go that
About 250 miles from me. Do you ever get to Springfield or Joplin?

DW
I won't be there until August...coming down to dive Tablerock, but I definitely want to suss this out before then. I think I'm going to try the Hollis M1 Frameless first. Leisurepro.com will take it back if it doesn't seal. Then I'd try the Oceanic shadow, Atomic, or Paragon. I really appreciate your offer. At least I have a direction to go in.

I'm a fan of DGX maybe I'll go that

I won't be there until August...coming down to dive Tablerock, but I definitely want to suss this out before then. I think I'm going to try the Hollis M1 Frameless first. Leisurepro.com will take it back if it doesn't seal. Then I'd try the Oceanic shadow, Atomic, or Paragon. I really appreciate your offer. At least I have a direction to go in.

No worries. Good luck!

DW

When I had a mustache the only thing that I could get to not leak was a full face mask. I tried a bunch of regular masks and finally I gave up and shaved. Well actually I was required to shave for an OSHA respirator fit test.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom