What's the sign for "that's cool - thanks"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay for everything. Are you okay? Okay. Did you see the catfish? Okay. I'm out of air? Okay. Some diver makes a sign you've never seen before? Okay. Besides, it was probably a techie.

My favorite sign is the shrug. Shoulders up, elbows bent and hands fully extended. It means "we've dived what we planned, we still have more bottom time, is there anything else you want to go see, cause' I'm all out?" Generally answered with another shrug, pointing to the ascent line and a thumbs up.

Scuba, aka underwater charades.

My kid and I had a couple of 'non-standard' signs: Alright! (same as today's Cool! or Boom!): two fists extended and then quickly opened followed by an OK.

The standard 'Shaking' sign for I'm cold. Reply: Two balled fists against mask. (Crybaby...)

Okay for everything. Are you okay? Okay. Did you see the catfish? Okay. I'm out of air? Okay. Some diver makes a sign you've never seen before? Okay. Besides, it was probably a techie.

My favorite sign is the shrug. Shoulders up, elbows bent and hands fully extended. It means "we've dived what we planned, we still have more bottom time, is there anything else you want to go see, cause' I'm all out?" Generally answered with another shrug, pointing to the ascent line and a thumbs up.

Scuba, aka underwater charades.

I find that with the regular buddies it gets much easier to understand or guess, once you know the person that is.

Also talking through the regulator works after some practice

Shaka or ok sign - double handed if they're both free.
If it's something super cool then this is how I feel :yeahbaby:, but I haven't tried it with my reg in my mouth!

giphy.gif

Uh, Chris, you may want to ask others, but in my area that symbol means something different. As in, if you made that symbol to female divers, you would would be a DM looking for another job. Just my thoughts as everyone prefers something different.

For COOL we use a “C” shape with one hand and Double Cool is both hand’s in a “C” shape.

I've been known to hug divers/guides who have shown me something very cool and if I ever get to dive again that may be the only way I'll be able to hug people again.

I'll go with the shaka or hand clap, though I'm more of a hand clapper, I could shaka.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom