Purge Button Freeflow Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Nick27

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I went to test a new regulator I got in the mail today. It is a Hollis 100LX primary and octopus combined with a Hollis DC3 1st stage regulator. There was a lot of current in the water today, so I did not go deep and stayed at 10 feet holding onto a torn anchor rope. I noticed that when the regulator is in my mouth and I am breathing from it, the pressure from the current doesn't trigger the purge button (also my venturi lever was in the lowest position on both the octopus and primary). As soon as it is out of my mouth, the current depresses the purge button and a wild freedlow erupts. Whilst breathing from the primary, the secondary was attached to the bcd by the means of a "reg mouthpiece clip" and when the purge button faced the current a freeflow happened. I had to hold the octopus in my hand and tilt it sideways, button up away from the current so the it wouldn't be activated. Anyways, I noticed that both on land and underwater, the purge buttons on the Hollis 100LX octo / primary are ridiculously sensetive. Just a light tap triggers the button. What can I do to tighten the demand lever? Is there a spring I can add tension to to prevent the freeflow? I mean, any water movement against the regs, and a freeflow happens, they're that sensetive :confused:.

Attachments

• 20200704_152447.jpg
    20200704_152447.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 55
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom