Wanted Tank tumbler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danny D

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looking to purchase a used tank tumbler, will do the shipping thing if too far away for a drive. Let me know what you have.

To all those trying to help no need for plans to build one, but thank you.

Please PM me.

i highly recommend looking into shot blasting instead. even with a tumbler, unloading the tumbling media is a pita.

I've never used a tumbler for SCUBA tanks. Why is it hard to unload the media? Wouldn't it just pour out? Not trying to be a smart ass, I really don't know.

if you are using the tumbling chips, they don't pour out that nicely. also, the weight for larger tanks like 120s or 104s is significant once it is full of simple green and tumbling media.

Thanks. I was thinking the media was the small ball shaped stuff. I figured you would just angle the neck down and roll the tank.

Thanks. I was thinking the media was the small ball shaped stuff. I figured you would just angle the neck down and roll the tank.
Think of how you would do that, how to hold the neck high enough for the media to come out and how to collect the media afterwards.

Wedges under the tumbler? Rest the tank on stairs? Build a wedge? Use a drop cloth or sheet to collect the media? I don't really know but I've hobofied allot of stuff over the years.

Thank you all for your thoughts on alternatives to purchasing a tank tumbler.

However, this advertisement has been made Solely for the goal of Purchasing a used tank tumbler.

Please feel free to further your discussion on tank cleaning techniques in the Tank forum.

Kindest regards

Back
Top Bottom