Can we go to Coz yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was this the bit about me and @DandyDon joking about him being in the crips because he is wearing a blue bandanna on his face in his new photo??

@DandyDon i publicly apologize that this has clearly offended you. I did not mean to insinuate you have actually joined a gang. Again, offence was not my intent.

I’ll keep my attempts at lighthearted comedy to myself in future.

Apparently a post got deleted.I’m completely oblivious to what it was... how do I petition to request to review the post that was deleted?

PM the mod. They can see the deleted posts and may be willing to tell you but don't expect them to debate it.

Was this the bit about me and @DandyDon joking about him being in the crips because he is wearing a blue bandanna on his face in his new photo??

@DandyDon i publicly apologize that this has clearly offended you. I did not mean to insinuate you have actually joined a gang. Again, offence was not my intent.

I’ll keep my attempts at lighthearted comedy to myself in future.
No, not at all, altho thanks for explaining that question. I had no idea what you meant, but another member was on a vendetta so I mostly skipped it. Several posts connected to that were removed.

I have bandanas in all colors, but my niece recently suggested I use a real mask. I have a few K95s that I rotate for my rare trips into town.

More a case of not repeating something that caused someone offence that I am completely oblivious to. It’s likely I will accidentally do it again if I have no idea what it was and didn’t intend any offence by it.

No, not at all, altho thanks for explaining that question. I had no idea what you meant, but another member was on a vendetta so I mostly skipped it. Several posts connected to that were removed.

I have bandanas in all colors, but my niece recently suggested I use a real mask. I have a few K95s that I rotate for my rare trips into town.

‘the crips are a famous LA street gang who wear blue bandanas. My comment was intended to be funny in how ludicrous the suggestion was that you may have joined the infamous street gang...

Hopefully will be able to answer the opening question in person Saturday evening. all is still on track with slight PPE modifications for travel but our feet are on the gas and haven't seen anything directly saying we can't go. Hope to you see you soon Cozumel!

PS- My two English Bulldogs are trying to VETO the trip as they see the packing, but I plan to not be dissuaded. Lol

Kool dogs, I’ll babysit!

I’m on the fence now for a August visit.....boohoo...just to many unknowns and although I live dangerously already, I’m not prepared to possibly transmit or receive. I do have airfare and lodging booked for this December! This chit sux!

Kool dogs, I’ll babysit!

I’m on the fence now for a August visit.....boohoo...just to many unknowns and although I live dangerously already, I’m not prepared to possibly transmit or receive. I do have airfare and lodging booked for this December! This chit sux!

The unsure aspect of it all Definitely sucks, but...****, what ever really is 100% guaranteed until it's done. We all are risk takers after all. I will do the best I can to document our trip as the others have and we'll just see what's changed, if anything. I believe the best we can do is to stay updated on information from as many sources as possible and then make our call. Cheers, I truly hope you get to go in August...AND December! :wink:

PS- Our trip planning ALWAYS includes our pre-approved, vetted, trusted, decades old friends coming to stay at the house, watch the dogs and cats, eat our food, and drive us to/from the airport. they also get a file with copies of all passports, id's, insurance, itinerary, and all pertinent contact info (I tend to plan thoroughly, Project Manager) but we may eventually interview for dog sitters. We always encourage Dog Visitors though :wink:

Kool dogs, I’ll babysit!

hope you aren’t going outside in NYC then. Way more cases that Coz I think? It’s one of the main reasons I was keen to get down to coz last month. Far less cases in coz than Toronto and didn’t want to stay inside in Toronto:

Isaac Bogoch, an infectious diseases physician at Toronto General Hospital, said he’s more concerned about the possibility of COVID-19 transmission when people arrive at their travel destination, rather than the risks of air travel itself.

Dr. Bogoch said there are few cases of COVID-19 transmission on airplanes and that it doesn’t pose a significant risk, especially with rules in place to prevent transmission, such as requiring passengers to wear masks. He added that the way air is circulated on planes may help reduce transmission risk.
“I think that while the risk [of transmission on airplanes] is not 0 per cent, it’s probably lower than what people think it is,” Dr. Bogoch said.
He added that as long as COVID-19 is circulating without a vaccine, there will be some chance of transmission of the coronavirus in public places, such as airplanes.
“There’s no zero-risk scenario,” he said. “If people are choosing to travel, they are potentially going to be exposed.”
For instance, an article published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal in February documented that there were no cases of COVID-19 transmission on a flight from China to Toronto in January. A man on that flight was experiencing symptoms of the disease and public-health officials conducted contact tracing on people sitting within close proximity to him. None of them developed COVID-19.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom