Nanight lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@stuartv it automatically levels down. Attached the burn times chart (C3 light)

Attachments

• nanight_burn_time.png
    nanight_burn_time.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 392
@lsmike, I use one, and am happy with the unit. I use it as my primary cave light. Great burn time, multiple optic choices, and good cover for cave. Let me know if you any specific questions.

LandonL, which model do you use, the Tech 2 or the C3? The reviewers here seem to be happy with their purchases and it seems like a good combination of price, burn time and brightness. I'll be using it primarily for open water but plan on using it in caves too. If the Tech 2 10 degree lens is tight enough for cave duty then I'll probably go that route.

@tdmp I use a tech 2 with 10 degree optics. I also have mine modified with an EO connector, charging port, and adjustable Goodman handle.

If you are interested in ordering one I can discuss the options with you if you like. We do sell them locally at AQUI water sports.

@stuartv it automatically levels down. Attached the burn times chart (C3 light)

if you choose version without battery control then :

NOTE: Automatic Light Intensity Stepdown and battery indicator can be configured for either 4S (14.4V nominal, 16.8V top) or 3S (11.1V nominal, 12.6V top) lithium ion batteries.
Or it can be turned off completely (Select 5V-25V) if you need to use the light head on different batteries.
Manual dimming is alwasy available though.

Attachments

• Zajeta slika.PNG
    Zajeta slika.PNG
    61.5 KB · Views: 345
Hmmmmmm........new build waiting ........

- Nanight lamphead C3 +

- BMS +

- LiFePO4 26650 @ 6000mAh ( 4S3P = 18Ah 2pcs) no need for power reduction ;-)))

have bigger tank from old days (still use SST90 )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Lamp is nice with big deep SMO reflector cca 70 mm wide and 50 deep

-Cree XHP 70 ( ok that I need to test )

-cable is little thin for my taste 7mm wide

- position on Goodman (travel style ) handle is not very stable, lamp try to prone/roll over forward

because Goodman is open style type , hand is not clamped what I like

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 302
I recently used a Tech2 for 3 days of diving, 2-3 hours a day. I made an extra backup battery pack myself using 8 of the same Panasonic NCR18650b batteries Nanight uses (4S2P). I charged them from DC, using solar/car with an RC charger set at 1a, which worked great. I have the charging port on mine, which is convenient, since removing the battery requires a small torx bit that I don't normally carry around.

I swapped in a new battery on the third day to be cautious, but the original was still showing more than 60% full. Unless I was leading, I ran the light on the second highest setting. The soft goodman handle isn't comfortable, I hold the light body most of the time anyway. I'll probably make up a hard handle for it.

- light head is too powerful . ( useful only 1and 2 'nd position )

- beam is much too wide . ( have to replace XHP-70 with old good SST 90 and driver ,
reflector is good 73mm x 51mm SMO Aluminum Reflector

- head is not hot on surface at full power (cooling ? - have to open it )

- switch annoying ( the switch has no springs or anything like that to return to basic state - solved with rubber band somehow high tech ;-) )

more after vacations

I'll wind it up like hell means THOR ;-)

- light head is too powerful . ( useful only 1and 2 'nd position )

- beam is much too wide . ( have to replace XHP-70 with old good SST 90 and driver ,
reflector is good 73mm x 51mm SMO Aluminum Reflector

- head is not hot on surface at full power (cooling ? - have to open it )

- switch annoying ( the switch has no springs or anything like that to return to basic state - solved with rubber band somehow high tech ;-) )

more after vacations

I'll wind it up like hell means THOR ;-)

Lucca, is that the C3 you are talking about?

The light being too powerful is a weird complaint, but ok. The beam being wide is worrisome to the low-viz divers, I think.

How do you like the light now?

Yes I talk about C3 .

The light being too powerful is a weird complaint, but ok

Have you ever heard something like '' Power is nothing without controll'' (Pirelli ;-)) but it is very true.
Led die should be smaller to get better beam pattern and tighter focus -( real 5 degrees)

I done minimal progres , switching my job , etc.... I did not open light

Mostly it is small problem I can not use existing driver because of 12V led , second point is size an place for driver

1. on first picture i have done simple fix to return switch button instead of flip flap it ;-)

2. I put some thick rubber WC gasket to limit beam and also protect lamp from shocks looks really
fine for 5€

3. battery tank and headlamp end , have same cap moulded delrin . From pictue you can think how
many space you have inside ( mine driver should be a little cooled because it have thermal
protection )

4. It looks PCB driver or cooling plate seat size on the top of bottom cap so you have to think how to fix all things inside

Attachments

• IMG_20201113_134443.jpg
    IMG_20201113_134443.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_20201113_134543.jpg
    IMG_20201113_134543.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_20201113_134943.jpg
    IMG_20201113_134943.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20201113_135304.jpg
    IMG_20201113_135304.jpg