• Battery (also, see last poll option)

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Depth sensor

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Failure air integration

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Screen

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Software malfunction (designate below)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Temperature

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other (designate below)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Multiple battery problems

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to change my Teric from fresh to salt water today and saw it was already down to 98% even though I charged it last night.

Well I talked to Richard at Dive-tronix, he says to apply FW18, it doesn't explicitly fix the battery issue, but it might still. But it fixes a couple of other issues that he has seen pop up.

Going to see if it fixes it. If it does great, but if it doesn't when I get back from Mexico I am going to request a replacement.

It would appear that battery problems have been the most common problem prompting repair or replacement. I'm hoping the number of responses will increase, to bolster this argument.

From the poll, it would look like I am the only one who has had a screen malfunction.

In this thread Weird Teric screen stripe @Kamaros @freename and @wKkaY reported a line through their screens. At least 2 of these were replaced.

@vovanx reported a black screen just before I had mine, it was replaced Teric black screen malfunction

6% overnight with FW18, so definitely the battery again. I guess I will have to charge it every night during my trip.

I sent mine in for replacement once, when the depth sensor went wonky. I had gotten off a long haul flight to the US where my luggage was handled roughly; I'm not sure if it failed because of that, but now I keep it in my carry-on.

The screen stripe issue I had seemed to resolve itself (or rather, I stopped using it as a watch).

As I live in a hot climate, I leave the Teric at roughly 50% charge with a monthly topup until I'm going on a dive trip.

Our Terics are dived 4-6x weekly, year round. my DW and I are both on our 3rd/4th watches. Battery issues as many experience, one fried board, one burnt-in display, various compass issues (going out of calibration mid dive), and now most recently one has lost communications with any AI transmitter...

we love the watches but for near-daily divers, I’m just not sure if it’s up to the challenge or not.

Something I've been wondering about since my Teric replacement (haven't had a chance to dive the replacement yet)... Have any of y'all been rinsing your Terics in warm water? I'm wondering if that is what nerfed my antenna.

Something I've been wondering about since my Teric replacement (haven't had a chance to dive the replacement yet)... Have any of y'all been rinsing your Terics in warm water? I'm wondering if that is what nerfed my antenna.
Hi @Rearviewmirror

I've had 2 antenna failures. I discussed the topic with Richard at Dive-Tronix. Apparently, most antenna failures are thought to be due to trauma, as the connection of the antenna to the circuit board is/was tenuous. Neither of my Terics had any trauma, just abruptly quit working.

I rinse my Teric is water that is room temperature or just slightly above.

Good luck with your replacement Teric. Have you voted in the other Teric thread, link above?

Hi @Rearviewmirror

I've had 2 antenna failures. I discussed the topic with Richard at Dive-Tronix. Apparently, most antenna failures are thought to be due to trauma, as the connection of the antenna to the circuit board is/was tenuous. Neither of my Terics had any trauma, just abruptly quit working.

I rinse my Teric is water that is room temperature or just slightly above.

Good luck with your replacement Teric. Have you voted in the other Teric thread, link above?
Yup - Richard asked me that but I had never slammed/dropped my Teric. If this one fails I honestly hope they'll offer ME a Perdix as a replacement. I bought the Teric primarily for the form factor and AI, but not having reliable AI has kind of made it feel like a "dumb" computer.

And yes - I have voted!

Mine arrived today. Factory dive 5/22, currently 82% battery. They went to over 600 feet this time, my others were to 300ish. That was unique I think.

Screen comparison with perdix 2 and Teric. The perdix has had pretty good use last year. So not new.
695D12E2-F1F3-46B4-A66E-E4A722208E6D.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom