Aeris manta -help w history please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi. Haven’t used my aeris manta in a number of months. Had the battery changed today (hubby took it to scuba shop). I should be able to access my dive history according to the manual. Honestly I’ve always thought the manual was NOT user friendly. I have tried pushing buttons and so in for an hour and a half and for the life of me I can not locate the history screen (not the dive log , but the dive history that’s supposed to keep track of 9999 dives ). Can someone help me please before I pull my hair out ? Lol

Donnad,

Firstly, your Aeris Manta only stores the last 24 dives. The procedure to access the LOG is referenced in pages 59 and 60 of the User Manual. While in NORM-SURF-MAIN screen, pressing A button less than 2 sec. gives access to PLAN MODE LEAD-IN screen. Pressing again A button for less than 2 sec. will advance the display to LOG MODE.

Hi @donnad

I assume this is the screen you are looking for:
upload_2020-6-30_10-5-29.png

This is from an Oceanic Geo2, showing 280 dives and 302 hours. I believe the Manta is the equivalent of the Geo, the predecesser of the Geo2.

From the dive mode, scroll down all of the screens (left, bottom button for the Geo2), through Log, set F, set A, set U, set M. The history screen should be next, just before the last screen in the series, the serial number of the computer.

If this is not quite right, check in your manual to see how to scroll through all of the screens in your dive mode.

Good luck

From a brief look at the Geo manual, appears Geo is a little different than Geo2, Looks like surface menu scrolls though a shorter list, ending in History. Looks like the set menu is accessed differently. If this does not work for you, you will have to wade through your own manual
upload_2020-6-30_10-46-25.png

I have an Aeris Manta manual available in my personal dive computer storage repo on Github, which I just double checked.

On page 22, it does say it saves 9999 dives, and that you have to press A 5 times in a row when you're on the NORM SURF MAIN screen, less than 2 seconds each time, to get to the HIST screen. Apparently the screen order is NORM SURF, PLAN, FLY, SAT, LOG, then HIST. Hope that helps - it still sounds like a bit of a pain.

The instructions are pretty close to identical to the Geo manual, it looks like, per the recommendations above.

I have an Aeris Manta manual available in my personal dive computer storage repo on Github, which I just double checked.

On page 22, it does say it saves 9999 dives, and that you have to press A 5 times in a row when you're on the NORM SURF MAIN screen, less than 2 seconds each time, to get to the HIST screen. Apparently the screen order is NORM SURF, PLAN, FLY, SAT, LOG, then HIST. Hope that helps - it still sounds like a bit of a pain.

The instructions are pretty close to identical to the Geo manual, it looks like, per the recommendations above.
I know I sound like a ding dong but Here’s what happens. I push and hold the mode button so that You see it flash back and forth from Norm to sea and back When it’s on Norm I hit the A button and I see Plan, if I hit the A button again it goes to flashing between norm and sea again. Then if I hit A again it goes back to plan. ??? Thank you soooo much for helping !!!

I know I sound like a ding dong but Here’s what happens. I push and hold the mode button so that You see it flash back and forth from Norm to sea and back When it’s on Norm I hit the A button and I see Plan, if I hit the A button again it goes to flashing between norm and sea again. Then if I hit A again it goes back to plan. ??? Thank you soooo much for helping !!!

Not having the computer, myself, I'm not sure what's going on there! For reference, though, I found this video on Youtube where someone was able to get to HIST at about 1:25. It might be a button timing thing maybe?

From the normal surface screen, try pushing the A button briefly, <2 sec, 5 times. This should scroll through plan, fly, sat, log, and then to history. It may skip fly and sat if no recent dives and just display plan, log, and then, history.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom