Missouri/Arkansas get together?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This was from today. Water is about 25 feet higher than advertised.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200624_120347.jpg
    MVIMG_20200624_120347.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 174
Yeah, that's the same map I was trying to use. Depths must be off quite a bit because I found a boat that isn't on the map and couldn't find anything that is on the map. I'll try again another weekend. Thanks!

My vacation is approved! I am planning to be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

DW

Hi all!

I'd love to try and make it out for this and meet some more local divers. We usually go to Tenkiller, but make it up to Beaver a few times a year.

Curious about the forest - I've heard of it but never looked for it. Based on comments upthread sounds like it's South of the boat ramp? Are there good entry spots down that way past the dumpster? How deep-ish is it?

Hi all!

I'd love to try and make it out for this and meet some more local divers. We usually go to Tenkiller, but make it up to Beaver a few times a year.

Curious about the forest - I've heard of it but never looked for it. Based on comments upthread sounds like it's South of the boat ramp? Are there good entry spots down that way past the dumpster? How deep-ish is it?

Yes, the forest is South of the boat ramp. Best I recall, and it has been some years, it is 60-80 feet deep. On my profile page there is a pic, taken with a cheap camera, of part of the forest. Last couple of times, I have walked down the boat ramp. But there are some nice rock shelves just around the corner.

DW

Yes, the forest is South of the boat ramp. Best I recall, and it has been some years, it is 60-80 feet deep. On my profile page there is a pic, taken with a cheap camera, of part of the forest. Last couple of times, I have walked down the boat ramp. But there are some nice rock shelves just around the corner.

DW

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I was under the impression it was only accessible by boat for some reason. We'll definitely have to go searching for it next time we're up that way. You can only circle the park so many times!

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I was under the impression it was only accessible by boat for some reason. We'll definitely have to go searching for it next time we're up that way. You can only circle the park so many times!

No worries! And I agree 100% on the park. I think you will like the forest, and the bluffs right around the corner.

DW

No worries! And I agree 100% on the park. I think you will like the forest, and the bluffs right around the corner.

DW

I'm excited to go check it out. Hopefully we'll be able to make it up there and crash the get together.

I'm excited to go check it out. Hopefully we'll be able to make it up there and crash the get together.

I hope that you can make it!

DW

Was wondering if there would be any interest in having a get together this year, say late summer/early fall?

Table Rock Lake or Beaver, perhaps? Will be open to everyone, of course. Just put Missouri/Arkansas in the title as the destination.

If interested, post your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

DW
Hey, D.W. I've been diving in the Southern U.S. for sometime now.
Do I have to dust off my D.U.I. TLS 350 SEAL?
:cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom