Bonaire Dive Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just add a good insole to a neoprene boot. It will offer added protection underneath and added buoyancy for your feet.

So I dive the maritime assault mid and scuba pro go sport fins exclusively. I found that the positive buoyancy of the go sport fin offsets the maritime assault boot. I even dive them in cold water 35* F with a 2mm sock. I like the fact I don't have to pack dive boots. Just wear them for trip and take flip flops for when they are wet.

This is what I have worn in Bonaire:
NRS Men's Kicker Remix Wetshoes | NRS

They used to make this with a felt sole, but discontinued it because of the felt could transfer invasives. About felt soles, these are harder and more cut or puncture resistant than rubber soles. They pick up sand and are more secure on slick rocks.

Hethen57. If you spray the boot pocket on your fins with silicone spray your boots will slide in more easily. You only need this once in awhile, not every dive.

I've been wearing the TUSA low-cut booties for 20 years in Bonaire...on my 4th or fifth pair tight now.
They have a fine sole, fit my fins better than my Chuck Taylors (which also fit but are tight), and are easy to get on and off.
TUSA | Boots | Imprex (Dive Slipper)
And, you can buy them locally on island (or, at least, you could....).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom