Are all crotch straps the same

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Blaylock

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just purchased a used Dive Rite Trans Pac, and may want to change the crotch strap. So my question is are they all the same? I think X-Deep has a Y strap, but im not sure if this can be ordered apart from buying a bp/w.

Reactions: Ana
You can probably make the other one work. Or just get some strapping and make your own. The old school cave divers used to make all their own stuff. You can even get seatbelt webbing from a junkyard that is softer and a little more flexible. Not sure If you are using a scooter, but the tow line for a dpv will make you want a generally wedgie proof arrangement.

Some webbing is more supple than others. You can make a crotch strap out of however wide of webbing you desire but you will need the same size slides/triglides to adjust the length. 2 inch, 1.5 inch, and 1 inch are the commonly available widths. A neoprene sleeve is also recommended to reduce abrasion on the crotch/inner thighs of the exposure suit....though with suppler webbing this is less of an issue than it is with less supple webbing.

-Z

This is from another thread but... I covered my crotch strap in wookie fur. Totally stands out on the boat, especially after getting out of the water.

After seeing the y crotch strap on the xDeeps, I created my own for my non-xDeep rigs. You have to have another section of webbing and an additional triglide. Getting it set up requires the proper mounting slots on the plate. It is a bit fiddle getting it adjusted to be even. This is not advice, just my experience that it is way superior. Of course YMMV.

3DB920BD-B219-4C9A-962F-CFAF2A9430B6.jpeg
No. Especially if you own a Bedazzler.
Some divers already use them

I like the simple supple ones.No studs please. I'm the only my BP&WIng needs. :D :D :D

Cave Adventures makes a Y-crotch strap called "the scooter strap" for about $20. I've got a couple and prefer them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom