Ground transportation from the airport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We always walk the 100 yards out to the traffic circle and flag down a taxi. Last time we beat the people we flew in with (separate group) to the hotel by over an hour they took the shuttle.

We always walk the 100 yards out to the traffic circle and flag down a taxi. Last time we beat the people we flew in with (separate group) to the hotel by over an hour they took the shuttle.
Can I get the porter to carry my 3 bags of 140# out there?

Can I get the porter to carry my 3 bags of 140# out there?
It's Mexico I suspect you could find someone. I'm not sure I've flown anywhere with 150lbs of luggage.

It's Mexico I suspect you could find someone. I'm not sure I've flown anywhere with 150lbs of luggage.
A pony bottle and extra reg are a pain traveling, but quite handy if you ever need one on a dive.

I suspect every native at the airport has better things to do, and the porters with carts wouldn't be interested in going that far unless I bribed one more than I'd want to pay. With my bad knee, I wouldn't want to walk that far anyway.

At times over the years, the police had forbidden taxis from pickup up in front of the airport.

Last June I noticed a security booth at the exit of the airport and the person inside it checked our van. Does this person stop people from walking off the airport grounds?

Last June I noticed a security booth at the exit of the airport and the person inside it checked our van. Does this person stop people from walking off the airport grounds?

No they don’t, I’ve never seen that nor have I ever seen them stop someone in a personal car. If they stopped an airport shuttle, they were probably just tracking where they were going. Over half the time, there isn’t anyone in either of those booths.

Lots of clipboard guys here - in booths, at piers and at marina exits - one has to wonder where all the paper goes...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom