hog-d3-zenith-package.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garth Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok divers, I came across this ad Hog D3 Zenith Package with Computer
for hog d3 and zenith full regulator and mares quad air computer with transmitter for $749. This seems too good to be true. And before I waste my $$$ im wondering if there were recent models with serious defects or anything. I know some transmitters are poor on the quad air???? Is that the case?

I have two buddies who just bought this package. The Mares Quad seems a decent computer but does not support BT communication with a computer or phone. Seems silly that it can communicate with the AI BT transmitter but not a phone/computer. There is a BT adapter that goes for about $45 online (more $ in stores). That is, based two buddies diving this very package last weekend, the only drawback to the computer. HOG D3 and Zenith regs are excellent. I have 2x D3s and 3x Zeniths. They breath as well as my Aqualung Legend LX Regs. Both buddies are completely happy with the HOG regs as well.

the package is good. other than the computer having some quirks and a somewhat conservative NDL algorithm, the hog does have somewhat limited service options in general if you don't plan to get into DIY.

I have the quad air plus transmitter. Been using it for 2 years. No problem and happy with it.

the package is good. other than the computer having some quirks and a somewhat conservative NDL algorithm, the hog does have somewhat limited service options in general if you don't plan to get into DIY.

Why does the HOG have limited Service options? My understanding it is mostly a clone of a dozen other Regulators out there.

due to liability, a lot of shops will only service brands they are authorized dealers for. there are just fewer HOG dealers around. you can always mail it out, but a lot of people that own HOG regs end up taking the service class and go DIY.

More and more shops across the country are becoming service centers for Edge Hog Regulators. We are also happy to service your regs if you ship them directly to us. See edge-gear.com for details

I have the quad air plus transmitter. Been using it for 2 years. No problem and happy with it.
I, too, have Mares Quad Air with transmitter for 2 years. Over 200 dives with it. Only had to replace battery. Just the computer and transmitter back then cost $700.

Is the Mares Shearwater quality level... No, but it's not $1,100 either... is it a good computer for the $ Yes it is...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom