What to do with old computers?

What do you do with old dive computers that you can’t sell?

• Donate it somewhere

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Recycle with the manufacturer

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Recycle with an electronics recycler

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Throw it away

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have added the sell your old one when you get a newer one option.

Would have added : use it as a piece of memorabilia.

Since 1990 I had 6 :

- Beuchat (Cochran) Maestro Pro : somewhere on a shelf :wink: (dead)
- Dive Rite Nitek (yellow one with green buttons) : my LDS gave me a good discount on my Nitek Trio in exchange for it
- Dive Rite Nitek Trio : used it as a backup when I got my Shearwater Petrel, and when the depth sensor gave sign of old age, I set it on a wall and use it as a clock
- Shearwater Petrel : in use
- Dive Rite Nitek Q : bought it as a backup for my Petrel, in use

Next month, I'll get my CCR with a Petrel 2 hardwired to it, my Petrel 1 will become my backup, and until I'll get my certification for trimix diluent, my Nitek Q will stay my backup on deep OC dives.

I keep old computers around for when visitors from out of town want to get wet. I normally keep about 4 full sets of gear on hand here. I probably have about 6 computers in total & about a dozen tanks. I usually carry 2 computers when I am diving below 100 feet or so, just for the safety of redundancy.

Check the prices on Ebay.

If you want to sell it for cheap I'd buy it. I have some friends in Mexico that are going to need computers. I used those until we switched to the 2 button version. The only weak point for me is the batteries need changed fairly often.

If you want to sell it I'd be interested. I had a VEO 180NX and it was my favorite computer I've had. I loved the one button interface, short press for scrolling and long press for "enter".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom