Closed Anyone have some quick release pockets?

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christian Remwood

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm looking for a couple quick release pockets for a standard 2" webbing. I dive cold water with a thick wetsuit so I'm hoping for something big enough to hold 10-16lbs per pocket. Another option I might consider is 4 smaller pockets. I was thinking I could have 2 smaller non dumpable pockets to attach to my tank straps, and 2 smaller dumpable pockets for the front of my BC. Anyway I guess I'm saying I'm flexible and open to options. Thank you!

Hog makes some good ones online

For your consideration, you might not want to have all your weight ditchable, just enough to allow you to swim yourself to the surface, if you dump all your weight you increase the probability you are going to shoot like a rocket to the surface.

You can add non-ditchable weight using a v-pouch that attaches to your backplate like this:

XS Scuba V Weight Pouch

and then I have found inexpensive weight pockets like this are good for holding a few pounds of ditchable weight.

Cave Adventurers - XS Scuba Quick-Release Single Weight Pocket - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

all told a lot less expensive than buying big weight pouches that tend to run $100+

v/r

For your consideration, you might not want to have all your weight ditchable, just enough to allow you to swim yourself to the surface, if you dump all your weight you increase the probability you are going to shoot like a rocket to the surface.

You can add non-ditchable weight using a v-pouch that attaches to your backplate like this:

XS Scuba V Weight Pouch

and then I have found inexpensive weight pockets like this are good for holding a few pounds of ditchable weight.

Cave Adventurers - XS Scuba Quick-Release Single Weight Pocket - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

all told a lot less expensive than buying big weight pouches that tend to run $100+

v/r
Went with this idea! Thanks much! It's definitely the best deal/easiest setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom