Genesis 2.2 vs Seacraft vs Magnus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a Bluetooth app on Genesis. Don't have to crack the tube for anything.

There's a Bluetooth app on Genesis. Don't have to crack the tube for anything.

As in one that works with your smartphone to check post dive or just the one that works with the Sentry thing? It would be very nice to have an external battery monitor to check during the dive without having to buy a module like the sentry. I ruled out the Bonex for not having that option when I was buying. I don't use it much, but last week was the first time my scooter's been in the water for a year since I've been focusing on mastering my rebreather. Since the battery's a few years old and has sat for a year it was nice to look at the lights and confirm at hour 2 the battery wasn't more depleted than expected. It's not fully necessary, but is exceptionally nice.

So the Bluetooth works with my smartphone. The sentry works while in water.

Ran my genesis 2.2 for a solid hour on the trigger last week. Its not a full sized 2.2 as Jon had to leave a few cells out because I have a much older tube with less buoyancy. Despite being a 2.2 missing some capacity, I had 81% left on the app after a solid hour on medium high speed.
I find myself running it dry in my garage for an hour more often than not just to get the voltage into the storage range.

Peter, where do I get the app? I did a bluetooth scan but didn't see the Genesis. I had the dive key plugged in.

I emailed you the Android app. You don't need the nose plug installed to check the battery.

You can also easily rent XK1s, XJ37s, Bonex, and Seacraft scooters from shops in both Akumal (zero gravity), Playa (protec), and Tulum (Third Dimension and Protec).

OT question: To rent a scooter from one of those places, do you have to show a DPV C card, or will they rent them to anyone with a credit card?

I would hope, since those aren’t really ocean based operators, that they require a cave DPV card.

Having said that, I haven’t had to show my DPV cards in Central America, but those are ocean based operators, who also know me (not a first time ‘visitor’ in most cases)

_R

OT question: To rent a scooter from one of those places, do you have to show a DPV C card, or will they rent them to anyone with a credit card?

I would hope, since those aren’t really ocean based operators, that they require a cave DPV card.

Having said that, I haven’t had to show my DPV cards in Central America, but those are ocean based operators, who also know me (not a first time ‘visitor’ in most cases)

_R

I have never heard of the operators in Florida requiring a cave DPV card to rent either. Ginnie was the first place that I was aware that actually required it, and up until recently they accepted Abe Davis in lieu of the dpv card. This may have changed after Craig died two years ago, but not universally

Back
Top Bottom