Cozumel diving today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

got attacked by a huge free swimming green moray at Cedral today. He hit my gopro so hard it is still messed up. Super aggressive.

Long skinny green moray (photo below)? It went after my friend last week on Cedral Pass. She is not in the photo but is out of frame to the right. It chased her around in a circle and even went up a bit with her. There was no feeding and just decided to chase.

Coz Jun 2020 Green Moray Eel 001.jpg

Long skinny green moray (photo below)? It went after my friend last week on Cedral Pass. She is not in the photo but is out of frame to the right. It chased her around in a circle and even went up a bit with her. There was no feeding and just decided to chase.

View attachment 593341
The spearing of lionfish during dives probably has made it frisky

View attachment 593341
Yep, that looks like him.

Dayum. Get video of it?
I've got a video of him 8 years ago. About 100 yrd to the right just after the swim thrus at the pass. don't know how to post the video here. He actually made a double strike. The avatar at left is a frame from the video, got a real good scratch on the camera housing. good thing it was 3x size of gopro, he would have swallowed a gopro.

Remember that morays have monumentally poor eyesight. Smell is the main reason they follow anything. It’s unlikely they have any idea they are chasing a GoPro etc :)

Or people feeding them off spears

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom