Helmet for lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackOfDiamonds

Jewish Space Laser Operator
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey all,

was hoping to get some advise on which helmet I should get, similar to the light monkeys helmet.
(The reason I'm not getting that one is because it won't fit, too small)

I don't need it to be protective as I will only be using it to mount flashlights during night dives (not a cave diver), I figured a good place to ask if here since I know a lot of cave divers use helmets for safety and light mounts.

Would appreciate help finding a shop/website that has international shipping and sells something of that sort.

Appreciate the help,

-Shcahaf.

An issue with mounting lights on your helmet is when you look at your buddy you have a good chance of blinding them with the light. Could you use a goodman-type grip/light sock for your light instead? Just a thought. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for a helmet.

An issue with mounting lights on your helmet is when you look at your buddy you have a good chance of blinding them with the light. Could you use a goodman-type grip/light sock for your light instead? Just a thought. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for a helmet.

I have taken that issue into consideration but that is something I will be able to work around.

I have also considered the goodman handle but unfortunately I don't one one that will fit the lights I currently have, at least 2 of them as I initially planned.

If you know a good goodman handle i would appreciate knowing where I can buy them

What lights do you have? Cave Adventurers sells an Oxycheq light sock that fits some backup-type lights. I also have a light sock from BigBlue lights that fits another one of my backup lights with a smaller form factor (thinner). To get an idea of size BigBlue light sock fits a backup light I have that uses a single 18650 rechargeable lithium battery.

- Here's the BigBlue one Goodman GloveSKU: NPG-GLOVE | Bigblue Dive Lights
- Here's a similar one to what I have, but looks like it has an adjustable strap to make it universal Cave Adventurers - OxyCheq Universal Light Sock - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

There's a couple other light socks on the Cave Adventurers website that fit different size backup lights if you look under light accessories. There may be other good products out there as well if you search around a bit.

You could also look at either the soft or hard goodman handles from DiveRite with their quick-release. They sell a kit that lets you attach any reasonably sized light to the QRM system.

What lights do you have?

If you don't need the helmet to mount your backup lights, and it doesn't sound like you do, I would avoid it. Goodman handles are nice, but there's no reason you can't just hold a light in your hand on a recreational dive and clip off the back-up to your BC.

The Razor helmet mount is the best I've found. You can angle it way down while you do things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom