Quiz - 23 - Diving Knowledge Workbook - Diving Physiology

The term "silent bubbles" refers to bubbles that:

• a. do not move, such as those that cause decompression sickness in joints.

• b. cannot be heard with any form of electronic sensors.

• c. are so small that they do not cause signs and symptoms of decompression sickness.

• d. appear and disappear very quickly.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
From the Diving Physiology Section of the PADI Diving Knowledge Workbook Version 2.02 © PADI 2009:

Objective 2.8 - Define the term "silent bubbles" as it relates to decompression sickness.

Question 1

The term "silent bubbles" refers to bubbles that:

a. do not move, such as those that cause decompression sickness in joints.

b. cannot be heard with any form of electronic sensors.

c. are so small that they do not cause signs and symptoms of decompression sickness.

d. appear and disappear very quickly.

I will post a daily question from my exams to help newer divers and to encourage more experienced divers to interact gracefully and helpfully with the newer divers.

Reminder - this is a post in the Basic Forum and it is a green zone. Please be nice and on topic.

Thank you for your patience while we try to give people something to discuss other than Covid-19 and/or Politics. I will post the answer covered by the spoiler tag later today.

c. are so small that they do not cause signs and symptoms of decompression sickness.

The term "silent" simply refers to the fact that the bubbles are so small that they apparently cause no symptoms of DCS. It has nothing to do with the ability to detect them.

woot! got it right!

Back
Top Bottom