Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last night the Jakarta governor ordered all bars closed again...they had been open for a week or two. Places can remain open to serve food, but alcohol sales must stop beginning today, Friday the 19th.

Note this isn't an anti-alcohol/conservative initiative. Its a too many people in one room for way too long with no masks thing. In a restaurant, you come in, sit down, eat, and go. Bars obviously do not work like that.

Covid19 cases in Jakarta continue to rise. I expect more restrictions will be coming again soon.
I hardly can believe they opened bars. Probably the last place where you want to be in Jakarta. Any place with air conditioning, no masks and many people is a no go zone. Seems that at Bali people start crowding bars again as well.

Guess for sure we aren't going this year. Transiting home could be problematic, too.

Some people learn the hard way.

It looks like things are back to normal here. I went to a local Mexican restaurant yesterday for take out order. Usually I had to stay in the car and the waiter would bring me my food order. This time, no one outside & parking lot was full of cars. Inside the restaurant was packed with people. Only one waiter wore mask. I didn’t see any of the customers wore mask. I picked up my order & got out of the place quickly. We’ll see in a few days if I get sick (fingers crossed).
Number of active cases in Texas doubled since you wrote this the 7th of June. Texas Coronavirus: 119,645 Cases and 2,218 Deaths (COVID-19 ) - Worldometer

Number of active cases in Texas doubled since you wrote this the 7th of June. Texas Coronavirus: 119,645 Cases and 2,218 Deaths (COVID-19 ) - Worldometer

What you need to know about mask order for Harris County businesses, customers

"HARRIS COUNTY, Texas — All businesses in Harris County must require employees and customers to wear face coverings after an order signed by County Judge Lina Hidalgo today.

Businesses that don’t comply with the order could face up to a $1,000 fine, though Hidalgo said the main focus is education and not fines. Customers 10 years and older must wear masks, though individuals aren’t subject to any fines for not wearing one...."

We'll see what happens next.

I hope cases drop in Indonesia soon. I should be in Bali now...instead I just came back from a great 9 day diving trip in Cozumel. It wasn’t the initial plan, but certainly my made up for the missed Asia trip a little. I tested negative the day I left and have tested negative twice since landing back in Canada. Still on 14 day lockdown, but worth it

Back
Top Bottom