Excursion Gauge Mode Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuriousRambler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking at the manual for the Excursion, there's only one page that covers gauge mode, here's a screen shot:

hhBwyrt.png

Two questions on this info:

1) The top line says "Current ATM," which I interpret as "Current pressure." If I've got the computer set to imperial, does this read out as "33.4PSI?" I assume the manual should say "Current Depth," and I'm going to see "75.3ft" here, not current pressure. Is this a correct assumption? I can't imagine any situation where I'd need to know my current atmospheric pressure instead of my depth, but I also don't claim to know all that much.

2) The "Notes:" says I can reset average depth and stopwatch by pressing the Right Top Button during the dive. Does this mean pushing the top right button resets BOTH stopwatch and average depth, with one push? i.e. there is no way to reset my stopwatch without resetting my average depth at the same time?

I emailed support, but don't think my questions were worded clearly, because the answer I got was basically "you can't change computer modes during the dive."

Thanks!

1) The top line says "Current ATM," which I interpret as "Current pressure." If I've got the computer set to imperial, does this read out as "33.4PSI?" I assume the manual should say "Current Depth," and I'm going to see "75.3ft" here, not current pressure. Is this a correct assumption? I can't imagine any situation where I'd need to know my current atmospheric pressure instead of my depth, but I also don't claim to know all that much.

I just pulled mine out, and you are correct in assuming the top line is current depth.

I tried mine out yesterday in a shallow lake and only got down to around 5’ with only my mask, and nothing incremented. I only saw the top line mention current depth.

I am not sure when gauge mode goes into “dive” mode, this could be at the depth you set you scuba log start depth at.

In the surface mode, I am not able to start the stop watch in gauge mode. This differs from from the free dive mode, where you can start/stop/reset the stop watch during the surface mode.

Thanks for trying it out Jerry!

I forgot I'd posted this thread. Landon replied via email and confirmed what you did: top line is depth, just a typo in the manual.

The reset button resets both stopwatch and average depth at the same time, and they cannot be reset separately. Kind of a bummer to me :\

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom