What's open for diving in Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

electric_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Lock 23 is open. Dove there yesterday

Connestoga, Rothesay and Centeen Park are all still closed to diving as of June 14. The road to the Connie is open though. I'm told Centeen will open on July 1.

Abucs charters in Brockville is also now open. I spoke to Helen Cooper yesterday and she said that the local health unit has signed off on the plastic barriers they have installed to insure physical distancing. Obviously boat capacity has gone down. Picton, Rockport and Brockville departures are now available. No US wrecks until the border opens. She said she has many openings as US groups can't cross the border.

I don't know about Lock 21 or 22. Anyone?

If you have information on open dive sites post it here.

Tobermory is open, for both shore diving and boat charters.

According to this link Parks of the St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence Parks Commission Lock 21 and 22 are closed and are likely to be for some time.

On a positive note, 6 of us went out last night on the Helen C and had a nice dive. There were physical barriers between gear stations and masks were required. It seems workable to get out and dive

According to this link Parks of the St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence Parks Commission Lock 21 and 22 are closed and are likely to be for some time.

On a positive note, 6 of us went out last night on the Helen C and had a nice dive. There were physical barriers between gear stations and masks were required. It seems workable to get out and dive
St Lawrence parks commission needs to figure out washroom cleaning routines I’m thinking. What else could stop the Locks from being closed.

The mooring bouy on the Eastcliffe is up. However getting to it might be an issue as Crysler Park marina has not updated their policies to allow access. They still want all people on a boat to live in the same residence. Apparently they are unaware that gatherings of 10 people are permitted by the Ontario government.

Lock 21 appears to still be closed as barriers are still up at the waters edge as of July 1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom