Best time of year for South West Rocks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So my Komodo trip on October is off (insert sad face here). It looks like it will be Australian diving for a while.

Can someone tell me what water temp is like in South West Rocks in Oct? Is that a good time on terms of grey nurse shark numbers or not? If you could visit there there at any time of the year at all, when would you pick as your best time?

I was there Nov last year, water was 19 degs then. Chilly in a 7mm for me. There was tons of Grey Nurse, I'm pretty sure they're there all year round.

I have done a lot of dives there in October, temperature was between 18 and 19C. Anytime of the year is good, no time is better in my view. Grey nurse sharks are there all year round now (unlike 30 years ago).

I was there in October 2018. Plenty of sharks.. 30m+ visibility. And humpback whales everywhere on the surface

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom