DIY Goodman handle for an light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know, but for that case, which is rearer than controlling buoyancy I take off my lamp and keep it in my left.

I have one hanging here now. It looked like a good idea. It works kinda but depending on the light you use, the bolts to hold the head are likely going to need to be replaced or cut down. Way too long. I've been considering making different jaws for mine since I have a waterjet and mill at work.

Did someone say CNC?

(Delrin clip was manual)

E16F159A-F66B-4640-A48D-8A0B32D0DAA8.jpeg

I have one hanging here now. It looked like a good idea. It works kinda but depending on the light you use, the bolts to hold the head are likely going to need to be replaced or cut down. Way too long. I've been considering making different jaws for mine since I have a waterjet and mill at work.

Yeah, I swapped bolts for different lights. IIRC, it was designed around the DRIS 1k Shorty which is fat....

Quick question. How do you guys use your compasses with the light.

I'm talking about the analog compasses.

Compass right, light on left, or vice versa.

The problem with having the light on the right is blinding an OOG diver if you stick it in his face while donating a reg, which is why it is normally carried on the left and switched temporarily if you need to dump gas or something with the left hand.

If the dive has unfolded such that one diver is OOG and needs a donated air source then they have much more important issues to worry about than getting flashed in the eyes.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom