Quarry Diving in Ohio at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pretty decent vis for it being a quarry...how deep were you?

Most of that stuff is around 40-ish feet for so.

that's pretty good for that shallow...I feel like my local quary has like 5-10 ft vis most of the time :(

I was out at Gilboa Friday. I’ve been there in the fall when we had 60-70ft viz.

As was already mentioned, most was in the 30'- 40' range. The tunes are right about 65'. In that video you can just see the wall drop off that goes down to, I think, about 120'. The morning vis was way better than the afternoon but I will attribute that to 2 OW classes and 2 AOW classes rolling through.

I was out at Gilboa Friday. I’ve been there in the fall when we had 60-70ft viz.

We were ice diving there one winter. We cut the hole not far from the front of the airplane, and could see the walls on all sides of the quarry from the hole. It was unreal.

And then you get Sunday afternoons in the summer after a hundred OW students from almost every shop in the Midwest and Southwestern Ontario have stirred it all up.

We were ice diving there one winter. We cut the hole not far from the front of the airplane, and could see the walls on all sides of the quarry from the hole. It was unreal.

And then you get Sunday afternoons in the summer after a hundred OW students from almost every shop in the Midwest and Southwestern Ontario have stirred it all up.
That sounds amazing... But then I have also never dove anything but quarry... So that kind of vis is just unreal to me lol...I really need to get somewhere warm

I've had over 100 ft of vis on the deep side at 125 ft. When I did my tech instructor course there during the week we had 90 feet on the shallow side. I know that because the big platform is that long and you could see clearly from one end to the other. Vis is generally good on the deep side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom